The week that was 18 to 24 June 2018! And what a news week we had here at GamEir. We featured purple dragons, hysterical over-the-top anime action, revisited some old friends, got our Crew together, and spent the GDP of Panama in the Steam Summer Sale. Outstanding! For all that plus more, scroll on down…
Monday 18 June
- We kicked off the week with Katie taking a first glance at Spyro Reignited Trilogy. The nineties classic is getting a fresh coat of paint, and a console release this September. See Katie’s initial impressions of this remaster inside!
Tuesday 19 June
- A closed beta was announced for Black Clover: Quartet Knights. Bandai Namco is allowing people to sign up for the beta at the minute, and it will run in mid-July. For all the details hit the link
- LEGO Disney•Pixar’s The Incredibles was announced for release in Europe in July. This will be the first video game iteration of the Parr family and their crusade for justice. This will be a must-have for Pixar fans, as the events of the two Incredibles movies are played in the game, wicked!
- what’s that you say? Your eyeballs are too relaxed? You need something to tear your retina asunder? Well, look no further than JUMP FORCE! With this new gameplay trailer, you’ll get what you need; 3 minutes of intense anime insanity!
- Split screen Co-op has returned to Warriors Orochi 4! The announcement came this week, as the fan favourite mode had been missed. So grab a pal, a sofa, and a sharpening block, because you’re gonna have thousands of enemies to carve up together!
Wednesday June 20
- The greatest game of all time is being remastered! That’s right, Resident Evil 2 is getting a makeover, so throw your eyeballs into this new gameplay trailer. Unless, of course, you’re too scared…
Thursday June 21
- The great annual wallet vacuum arrived on Thursday. The Steam Summer Sale went live, exactly as predicted by the internet, and Nostradamus, and us, at 6 pm.
- The full Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey experience has been announced. The official guide, art-book and companion novel will be released ahead of the game, so if you call yourself an Assassin, you’d better check them out!
- Westworld, a new mobile game for iOS and Android was released this week. Based on the TV series, and hopefully more straightforward, hit the link for full release details, and a gameplay trailer.
- The open beta for The Crew 2 went live on June 21. The event runs until the 25th, which may give you a few hours of ride time if you nab it now. The open world multi-vehicle racer will feature “Face your Ride”, which allows players to upload in-game stunt footage and win prizes.
Saturday June 23
- New Gundam Breaker launched on PlayStation Network for PS4. Bandai Namco has focused heavily on customisation, with a seemingly endless number of Gundam configurations available. Check the article for full details!
- We got plenty of more information on the Dragon Ball FighterZ – World Tour. The global event, in association with Twitch, will kick off at the CEO Fighting Game Championships in Florida next week. More dates and details inside.
Around the Web
SO there ya have it, another week over. Plenty there to whet the appetite, with big announcements for big titles, and not so big titles alike. Anything there tickle your fancy? Anything there you’ve never heard of but wanna know more about? Well hit us in the comments and we’ll be glad to help! It is our (part-time) job after all!
Meanwhile, in the greater sphere of internet news headlines, this is what went down…
Valkyria Chronicles 4 will be launched on PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on September 25th. The tactical RPG is out already on PS4 in Japan. Series fans can opt for a launch edition that comes with a controller skin featuring a cute dog called Ragnarok, and a sticker of the dog will also be available. The games special edition will come with additional missions in-game, an artbook and a tank replica statue. Pre-order here.
Summer Games Done Quick went live Sunday, June 24. The event runs for 7 days and features the world’s best speed runners test their mettle against the clock. Check out this schedule to see when your favourite game is up.
PUBG or PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds as its otherwise known had a new map launch. The map, titled Sanhok, is available on PC only.
Life is Strange 2 will release the first of 5 episodes in September. One of the most original IPs in recent years, this one will be highly anticipated ahead of its September 27th release.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 will be coming to Xbox One on July 11. The melee action smash-em-up will see players cleanse chaos on console for the first time, after the games initial release on PC in March. Check the trailer!
That’s all for this week, til next time, Gadget!