With GRIP: Combat Racing careering towards its launch on the 6th of November, publisher Wired Productions Ltd. and developer Caged Element Inc., have collaborated with renowned London record label, Hospital Records, to pull together a stirring compilation of drum & bass tracks to accompany the rapid racer’s already impressive roster of music.
Also worthy of note is the additional announcement that buyers of the Limited Collector’s Edition will be treated to a Double Vinyl soundtrack.
Adding a clutch of carnal drum & bass tracks to a now 24-strong line-up for GRIP: Combat Racing, Hospital Records will provide the following 11 tracks to help usher players through each of the game’s gravity-defying courses:
- Battery x Makoto “Submerge” – Written, arranged and produced by Craig James, Douglas Ramsay and Makoto Shimizu
- Krakota x Urbandawn “Coyote” – Written, arranged and produced by Sebastian Inwood and Felipe Wrechiski
- Inja x Pete Cannon “War Games (Instrumental)” – Written by Gareth Hue and Peter Buchanan
- Krakota “Citadels” – Written, arranged and produced by Sebastian Inwood
- P.Y “Riding The Void” – Written, arranged and produced by Carlos Lima, Spoken word by Tom Kelsey
- P.Y “Midnight Blue” – Written, arranged and produced by Carlos Lima
- Royalston “Diorama” – Written, arranged and produced by Dylan Martin
- Rawtekk “Restless” – Written by Stefan Westphal and Christine Westphal, Arranged and produced by Stefan Westphal and Christine
- Westphal, Vocals by Christine Westphal
- Whiney “Sunday Grunge” – Written, arranged and produced by William Hine
- Whiney “Talisman”- Written, arranged and produced by William Hine
- Lynx “Clap Track” – Written, arranged and produced by Steve Nobes
Megan Bean, Head of Business Affairs & Sync, Hospital Records said: “We’re excited to have our producers featured on the awesome new GRIP: Combat Racing game.”
“We’re super excited to have Hospital Records on board, bringing their industry-leading line-up to GRIP: Combat Racing and joining forces with the rest of our great soundtrack roster,” said Chris Mallinson, Game Director for GRIP: Combat Racing. “We think players will love pumping the huge tunes we’ve got in the game.”
The exclusive GRIP: Combat Racing Collector’s Edition includes:
- GRIP: Combat Racing – Generous to a fault
- Double Vinyl + CD Soundtrack + MP3 Download key – Sound’s amazing
- 3 x 12” double-sided art prints – Art attack
- Game Manual & Lorebook – Spelling it out for you
- GRIP USB Drive – In the shape of a GRIP car!
- Pre-order exclusive DLC (Nyvoss Hex Paint Kit, Vortex Rims and Vehicle Decals) – Nice!
- GRIP Sick Bag – Blow chunks off cars and into this handy puke pouch if you get dizzy
- Vehicle Decals – Personalise your own ride!
- Numbered card of authenticity – Because you’re worth it
GRIP: Combat Racing offers players a uniquely competitive experience, testing their reflexes to the limit as they accelerate towards the finish line at over 767 mph. Those wishing to take their highly-tuned skills into the PvP sphere can enjoy:
- Split-screen competitive play in both ‘Race’ and ‘Arena’ modes
- 10 Player online multiplayer with full lobby and matchmaking support
- Full tournament building support allowing racers to combine race modes and arenas to build bespoke playlists and competitions
- with friends
- Online leaderboards for ‘Carkour’ and ‘Race’ modes
GRIP: Combat Racing looks like a lot of fun and all this content is quite incredible. Between the intense visuals and the outstanding soundtrack, GRIP could be one of the next big racers. Stay tuned to GamEir for more on GRIP.