Award-winning games studio, Playniac, has brought to our attention that the robot rebellion has officially begun! The unique card battler, Insane Robots, has launched on PlayStation 4 with the Standard Edition (£14.99 / €19.99) available for purchase on the for PlayStation Store now, the Deluxe Edition (£26.99 / €32.99 with a 20% PS+ discount at launch) available from the 13th of July in Europe, and both available for pre-order now on the Microsoft Store. The robot rebellion will proceed as planned, also launching for Windows and Mac (via Steam) today, and Xbox One on July 13th. For players truly committed to the cause, the Insane Robots — Deluxe Edition includes the base game plus a season pass including six robot pack DLCs upon release.
Initially created as a tabletop prototype with a pile of old business cards, the creators of Insane Robots at Playniac have pulled from both physical and digital design processes, creating a card battling game that captures what players love most about the genre, while removing the elements they hate: namely expensive card expansions, time-consuming customisation, farming, and an ever-rising bar that excludes players who don’t purchase more cards. This laser focus freed Playniac to create the perfectly designed battle deck. With only 22 tokens, it is easy to learn and manage, yet full of unexpected turns and strategic depth.
Not to be confused with a collectible card game (CCG), Insane Robots is card battling… HACKED!
Insane Robots finds players leading a robot rebellion through randomly generated survival arenas. Full of fiendish card battles, it’s FTL meets Battle Royale in a card game. Overthrow the malevolent robot despot, The Kernel. Save robotkind in an epic 15+ hour single-player campaign full of peril and twists, as a decaying robot dystopia is revealed.
Master the battle deck and develop strategies in super-accessible multiplayer local and online, as well as single-player robotic skirmishes. Deploy HACKS and GLITCHES in the heat of battle and use your wits to terminate the competition. Battle with over 46 deliciously diverse robots in five hostile environments. Augment devious droids to grow more powerful and trade cutting, robotic insults with opponents along the way.
Key Features Include:
- This is card battling HACKED with no costly expansions and time-consuming customisation
- Compete in intense local and online ranked 2P multiplayer battles
- Experience the epic 15+ hour single-player campaign, overthrow the megalomaniacal Kernel and save robotkind
- Unlock 46 robots and find over 100 augments to boost their abilities
- Explore your tactical options to survive randomly generated survival arenas
- Master the 22-token battle deck and define your own style of play
- A compelling narrative with over 150 branching story events
- Explore five types of hazardous environment from lush jungles to barren Moonscapes