Guys… Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is coming to Ireland. In Spring of 2021, but it’s still happening! The awesome people over at Ubisoft have officially announced the post-launch plan for Valhalla. The upcoming Season Pass will include two major expansions of narratively driven gameplay and an exclusive quest. There will also be free seasonal content that will include in-game events and festivals. And let’s not forget about the new settlement building, services and game modes. Oh, and discovery tour is returning but I’ll talk about that in a minute (calm Jade, calm).
The Season Pass
The exclusive quest that comes with the season pass is called The Legend of Beowulf. Within this, players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf.
Expansion 1 drops in Spring of 2021, and is called Wrath of the Druids. This is the part we’ve been waiting for. In this adventure, players will get to journey to Ireland! Unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult. Dive into Gaelic myths and folklores. Fight through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings. Ireland has never been so cool.
Expansion 2 drops in Summer 2021, and is called The Siege of Paris. Players will have the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking History with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. Infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
Seasons of Valhalla
Season one will be launching in December of this year and is jam-packed with content.
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their own settlement.
- The traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival
- A new game mode: the River Raids. This will build on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic. The mode aims to deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven. Things like this will be a regular-season feature.
Season two will launch in March 2021 with a new game mode that builds on Valhalla’s core combat experiences, a new Jomsviking update, festivals in the Settlement, new gear, cosmetic items, and more.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Discovery Tour
Back to the part I’m most excited for. Which is also what has sealed the deal for me on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Discovery Tour mode is coming back. Discovery Tour is the whole reason I bought Origins and Odyssey in the first place. I very nearly went to study history in college. I love getting to experience the world from that standpoint. Like yes let me ride around on a horse and learn about all the things people did in these areas. This is what would make me put hours upon hours into a game. Nothing will compare to Origins, but that’s a totally different note.
Viking history is so rich and intriguing, just imagine what Valhalla could bring into a tour. I am trying to contain my excitement, but as soon as I learned about this I almost freaked. The thoughts of being able to fully explore the world as a historian, not just a gamer, warms my heart like crazy. Thank you to the beautiful people who are creating these incredible Discovery Tour modes. I appreciate you.
Don’t forget to check out our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla gameplay videos over on YouTube!
Stay tuned to GamEir. Come talk with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir). I promise we’re nice! Keep up with our streams over on Twitch (GamEir) and our videos on YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content.