When you take the reins as Seijuro Kamiyama on April 28th, your challenges aren’t only with your own Imperial Combat Revue, but also with every other combat revue in the world. There’s a big battle looming in Sakura Wars.
Almost immediately after being appointed captain of the Flower Division, your boss, Sumire Kanzaki, announces Tokyo’s sworn protectors are at risk of being disbanded. You and your squad have one chance to prove yourselves and save the legacy of the Flower Division—by winning the Combat Revue World Games.
The Games are an intense, dynamic tournament where combat revues from around the world compete in elaborate stage performances and battle with their giant mechs. They were established with the hope it would foster a spirit of unity between the different revues while also enhancing their public profile, allowing these heroes to take the spotlight and display their combat prowess to the populace.
The Flower Division can expect to face particularly fierce opposition from the combat revues of Shanghai, London, and Berlin. The rules are simple, though the path forward is anything but:
- Every match is a three-on-three team battle spread across three rounds.
- You’ll select two squad members who will fight alongside you.
- Each team scores points by defeating targets located around the tournament arena.
- These points contribute to a tug-of-war-like gauge. Win by overpowering your opponent in that gauge or by scoring the most points overall at the end of the match.
Sakura Wars Features:
- Dramatic Character Interactions—Engage with a colourful cast through the dynamic LIPS dialogue system where what you say and how you say it has a profound impact on relationships off and on the battlefield.
- Exciting Combat Payoffs—Your bonds with team members flow into the high-energy combat finale of each episode, featuring action-packed fights with giant steam-powered mecha.
- Brilliant Anime Production—Gorgeous animated sequences, a lush soundtrack, and characters designed by anime and JRPG luminaries will transport you into a vibrant 1940s steampunk Tokyo.
Are you ready to fight your way to glory, prestige, and most importantly, government funding to keep the Flower Division operating? The task is up to you when Sakura Wars launches for PlayStation 4 on April 28th.
Stay tuned to GamEir. Also, be sure and converse with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir). Check out our videos on Twitch (GamEir) and YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content.