Koch Media and Paradox Interactive have expanded their long-term partnership as the Koch Media Group has taken over the physical distribution of Empire of Sin in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
Empire of Sin is a character-focused strategy game developed by Romero Games under the leadership of lead designer Brenda Romero (Jagged Alliance). The title will be released in the fourth quarter of this year by selected retailers for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac and Nintendo Switch.
As one of 14 bosses quarrelling to control the shady underworld, players in Empire of Sin ruthlessly build their own criminal empire. The starting conditions are always rolled out randomly so that a high degree of adaptability in the criminal struggle for survival is essential – every means is right to outwit the opponents.
If you haven’t heard about Empire of Sin here’s what you need to know:
Empire of Sin puts players in the middle of Chicago’s wicked criminal underworld at the time of prohibition in the 1920s. Trickery, charm and intimidation are proven means to achieve supremacy. The character-based game in noir style shows the golden 20s with all the glitz and glamour behind which the dark side of organized crime is hidden.
- Build a Criminal Empire: Build your criminal empire from scratch by choosing which businesses to do business (be it speakeasies, casinos or protection funds) and assemble an entourage of loyal gangsters who will put their stamp on the streets. Once you’ve made a name for yourself, you can expand your influence, take over the territories of rivals, and expand your repertoire to include other activities.
- A living world: Explore 1920s Chicago and interact with a wide range of vibrant and realistic characters, each with their own biography and responsive to what you do (or don’t do). Embrace, compel, seduce, threaten or kill to enforce your will.
- Defend and expand your territory: If (theoretically of course) there should be disagreements and your gang has to send a clear signal, you can fight brutal, turn-based battles. Be strategic when recruiting people and ensure good chemistry in your gang to do as much damage as possible in the fighting and secure your influence in the city.
- Influence wisely: make and break alliances, smear the police, and trade on the black market to improve your faction rating and expand your criminal family. But always keep your enemies closer to you than your friends, because it’s always good to have a mole in the right place and its eyes everywhere.
- Different victory strategies: Whether with violence, social influence or a reputation that leads you: There are many ways you can become the King or Queen of Chicago. Since the starting conditions and the dynamics within your gang are subject to constant change, each game run is unique.
Stay tuned to GamEir. And if you’re interested, converse with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir). Check out our videos on Twitch (GamEir) and YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content.