Revolution Software has announced Beyond a Steel Sky, the long-awaited follow-up to classic ‘90s dystopian cyberpunk adventure Beneath a Steel Sky is now available on PC at Steam.
This title will retail for $34.99/£29.99/€29.99, with consumers able to take advantage of a 20% launch week discount.
Utilising the talents of legendary comic book artist Dave Gibbons (co-creator and artist behind seminal graphic novel Watchmen) once again, Revolution’s title gives players the opportunity to take their first steps inside Union City for the first time since dystopian cyberpunk adventure Beneath a Steel Sky back in 1994.
To celebrate its launch on PC, Revolution Software has announced gamers on Steam can pick up a special edition that includes both the original game Beneath a Steel Sky and the stunning soundtrack from the brand new release.
Beyond a Steel Sky stands as a thrilling story of loyalty and redemption set in an eerie and terrifying world of AI-driven social controls. As can be expected of a Revolution adventure, the tale is woven with the studio’s signature humour, supported by Gibbons’ acclaimed artistic style.
“It’s great to be heading back into Union City after 26 years, though it’s important to note we’ve designed Beyond a Steel Sky to be just as welcoming to newcomers as to those fans who played the original release,” says Charles Cecil, Founder and CEO of Revolution Software. “Working on Beyond a Steel Sky has offered a lovely opportunity to team up with Dave Gibbons again and tell the next chapter in the story of Robert Foster – and Joey.”
Beyond a Steel Sky is a hugely ambitious adventure in which intelligent, humorous emergent gameplay drives an edgy narrative. Very much an adventure, the game is set in a dynamic world that will respond to – and be subverted by – the player’s actions.
The game characters, driven by advanced AI tech, are willful and motivated: their intelligent responses allow interesting, emergent solutions to puzzles and obstacles. The culmination of Revolution’s 30 years of developing adventure games, Beyond a Steel Sky evolves and redefines the adventure genre.
It’s a project that’s been on the minds of both Cecil and Gibbons for many years, but only now is it the right time to write it.
“Revolution has built an excellent reputation for writing intelligent adventure games that combine high drama with humor – leaving players not sure whether to laugh, gasp or both” says Dave Gibbons”. I am thrilled with how Beyond a Steel Sky has turned out – it surpasses my expectations in every way”.
Beyond a Steel Sky features:
- A unique, rich game experience interwoven with a deep narrative.
- A story that enables players to meaningfully effect and subvert the gameworld and its characters.
- Elegantly simple, intuitive controls that allow complex situations to emerge, offering a gameplay experience that will appeal to the novice as well as the experienced gamer.
- Custom-written cutting-edge graphics technology delivers a beautiful, realtime, comic-book-styled world in HDR & 4K to complement the artwork of Dave Gibbons.
- An original motion-comic book created by Dave Gibbons.
For the latest news on Revolution and Beyond a Steel Sky, be sure and visit:
- Revolution YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RevolutionAdventure
- Follow Revolution on Twitter: @Revbot
- Find Revolution on Facebook: @revolutionsoftware and @brokenswordofficial