Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The next iteration in the Lara Croft franchise has been given a release date alongside a new trailer. Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be the third game in the reboot trilogy. The first game, Rise of the Tomb Raider was released in 2013. This newest title will see Lara travel to the Mayan jungle of Central America.
The new trailer features no game-play footage, but does show off some of the games setting and mechanics. Taking place within the stifling jungles of the Yucatan, we witness a mercenary team being slaughtered with new jungle stealth mechanics. Lara herself is seen meanwhile getting involved in some local politics…
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is scheduled for release on 14th September. The game will release across Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Key features of the fame will include:
- Survive and Thrive In the Deadliest Place on Earth: Master an unforgiving jungle setting in order to survive. Explore underwater environments filled with crevasses and deep tunnel systems.
- Become One With the Jungle: Outgunned and outnumbered, Lara must use the jungle to her advantage. Strike suddenly and disappear like a jaguar, use mud as camouflage, and instill fear in enemies to sow chaos.
- Discover Dark and Brutal Tombs: Tombs are more terrifying than ever before, requiring advanced traversal techniques to reach them, and once inside they are filled with deadly puzzles.
- Uncover Living History: Discover a hidden city and explore the biggest hub space ever found in a Tomb Raider game.
The game is available for pre-order now, with a pre-order granting you early access to play the game. There are 4 editions of the game to choose from:
- Standard: The base game
- Digital Deluxe: Base game, additional weapon/outfit, original soundtrack
- Croft edition: As deluxe, but with 3 additional weapons/outfits, and season pass
- Ultimate edition: As croft edition, but with 3 memorabilia items; a Lara Croft statue, a flashlight and a bottle opener
The Season Pass delivers seven new adventures called “Paths”, with each Path including new narrative, new missions, a Challenge Tomb, a new weapon, a new outfit and a new skill. The first Challenge Tomb will also introduce new co-op functionality. Finally, Season Pass owners receive an exclusive weapon, outfit, and skill on Day One!
The trailer itself is worth checking out for fans or prospective fans alike, as it highlights the atmosphere of this new title. We can expect plenty more details and most likely game-play at E3 in June, and Gameir will be your Irish go to site on the day.