Well, there ya go! E3 came and went in an eye blink. All the build-up, all the hype, all the news, but did it deliver? Well yeah, it pretty much did. Every gamer takes something different from the event. Be it a Telltale Games “Stranger Things” title, or Cyberpunk 2077 taking over your life when it’s released. So as always, dear reader, we’ll have a look back at what the good folks here at GamEir wrote up this week, then turn our eyes to the horizon of the greater internet. And gaze in wonder!
Monday, 11th June
- Tales of Vesperia – Definitive Edition has been announced by Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe. This updated version of an RPG classic will be released this winter, on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
- Bandai Namco had another big one from E3. Jump Force was announced for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC. Featuring heroes and villains from the worlds best-known anime and manga, hit the link for the full down-low.
- If it’s over the top violence, and highly stylized characters you’re after, then this Devil May Cry 5 trailer probably hit you right in the sweet spot. Featured at the Microsoft E3 briefing, Dante and friends will be back red-lining your adrenaline in Spring 2019.
- In order to increase the levels of convenience in your life, we went and summarized all the best bits from the Microsoft E3 Conference. I wrote it, so it may well be the greatest article you’ll ever read. Or maybe not.
Tuesday, 12th June
- Microsoft hit us with a lot of announcements during their E3 briefing. The biggie for all you undead heads out there was, of course, Dying Light 2. The announcement trailer shows off plenty to get fans of the original salivating for more zombie action. Best dust off my parkour pants. (Note – Yes I actually do have parkour pants, you should too.)
- Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe brings the critically-acclaimed RPG Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on the 31st of August. 2017’s PC Gamer’s game of the year, and one of the highest rated RPGs of all time buy this when it’s released. Don’t question. Just buy.
- As announced by PC Gamer during its press conference at E3, The Forgotten City, a time travel murder mystery from Modern Storyteller, will invite players on an epic mythological adventure on PC in 2019. Offering incredible freedom, players can manipulate timelines, Groundhog Day style, to play out events differently. Hit the link for all the info.
- The Miami game-play trailer was released for Hitman 2. Highlighting the stealth and tactical options available to the player, as well as the vibrant setting in Miami, old Bar-code head has never looked better.
- The absolute masterpiece that is Resident Evil 2 is being remastered with stunning new visuals, a deeper narrative, modern controls and an over the shoulder player perspective. Resident Evil 2 is now 20 years old, but Raccoon City still holds some of the best memories a gamer in the nineties could ever have. This is gonna be a whopper.
- Papa G(That’s Graham Day to you), did an outstanding job rounding up all the best bits from the Ubisoft E3 Conference. The often hated, sometimes beloved developer had a lot of great content to show off, Assassins, Trials, and a Division sequel. It’s all in there.
- Another big E3 conference, and another big Round-Up. This time it was my turn with Sony. They’d a lot of great content, but lacked a little flair, have gander and judge for yourself!
Wednesday, June 13th
- The 3D arena fighting game My Hero One’s Justice, based on the popular Weekly Shonen Jump manga and anime franchise, will launch this October for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Form a three-person squad and battle in over-the-top, three-dimensional, environment destroying battles.
- Dragon Ball FighterZ is coming to the Nintendo Switch! Featuring 3 vs 3 battle mechanics, train and master your strongest team possible, and feel the immense power of your favorite Dragon Ball character, more info after the link!
- Everybody is hyped for Cyberpunk 2077. Everybody. More details have emerged in the game, as well as the obligatory E3 trailer, check it out!
- Arcade hit Killer Queen Black will be released on Nintendo Switch, and PC. The strategy action platformer will feature up to 8 player team-based contests, as cunning reflexes and keen tactical planning are the key to reigning supreme over opponents.
- Here’s one for the Pokéfans everywhere. Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu/Eevee will be released for Nintendo later this year, the following feature is loaded with information for all you Pokénuts out there, read on!
Friday, June 15th
- More details emerged during the week for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. An ace looking game, with a much-vaunted dev team behind it, the Soulsborne fans will be clamoring for this one…
Around the Web
A busy week for us here at GamEir, as you can imagine. Our little team typed til our fingers bled in order to get all those wonderful articles out there. But while we covered as much as we could, there were a few things we overlooked, such as…
Lego The Incredibles was announced! This past Friday, 15th June saw every-bodies favourite crime-fighting family get their own Lego game. Developed by TT Games, and based upon The Incredibles 1 and 2 movies, it’s now available for Xbox One, PS4, Switch, and PC.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown got an expanded E3 trailer. All you flyboys out there can expect a release this year, with no exact date, on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Fire up those afterburners, and blow shit up!
Story driven RPG Greedfall was announced along with a new trailer. The game, currently in development for PS4 exclusively, takes place in a 17th Century style fantasy world, where grim reality mixes with monsters and magic.
Fifa 19 had two big announcements this week. One: The Uefa Champions League will feature fully in game, along with the iconic theme tune. Two: In a tactical change-up, the “Park the Bus” tactic will not be available in this new iteration, so no more defending your one nil lead with six at the back, you mugs.
ARK: Survival Evolved got a release on mobile. Available now, for free, the crafting, dinosaur taming, survival sim can be got from the App Store or Google Play for free. FREE!
Strange Brigade was playable at E3, and sounds like a boot load of fun. Set in the 30s, play as a secret team of heroes, determined to defend Britain from all sorts of monsters, curses and supernatural threats. Think Indiana Jones meets Tomb Raider meets Left 4 Dead. Check out the video for some developer play-through time… sublime!
And that’s all from me for another week. We laughed, we cried, we watched, we wrote, we played. Just an average week here at GamEir. I commend anyone still reading this by the way. I stopped ten paragraphs back. Til next time!!