Square Enix Ltd., has announced that pre-orders are now live for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition coming to STEAM, Origin and Windows 10 on the 6th of March. A benchmark tool and instructions to help players optimise their PCs for the game’s launch is also available now and available here
Starting right now, pre-orders of the digitally-downloaded PC version will receive store-specific pre-order and early purchase bonuses. By pre-ordering through the Microsoft Store, players will receive the bonus of the “FFXV Powerup Pack.” This pack contains Dodanuki, a sleek sword created by a bladesmith that reduces enemy defence with each slash. The pack also includes 10 phoenix downs and 10 elixirs.
By pre-purchasing through STEAM, players will receive the bonus of the “FFXV Fashion Collection.” This pack contains a selection of T-Shirts for Noctis to wear, each with a special boost. The EPISODE GLADIOLUS Tee enhances strength, EPISODE PROMPTO Tee accelerates HP recovery rate, EPISODE IGNIS Tee increases critical hit rate, while the COMRADES Tee increases maximum HP.
Those who pre-order on Origin will receive the bonus of the “FFXV Decal Selection.” This pack contains an array of cool and colourful decals for the Regalia car, that celebrates Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis, as well as the men and women of the Kingsglaive. More details regarding the pre-order bonuses are available here. More details regarding early purchase bonuses, which are additional to the pre-order/purchase bonuses listed above, will be revealed soon.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition supports Native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS along with ongoing mod support. Minimum, recommended and 4K HDR PC specifications for players looking to enjoy the ultimate experience on PC are outlined below.
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs||4K HDR Specs|
|OS||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit Fall Creators update|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i5-2500（3.3GHz and above）|
AMD FX™-6100 （3.3GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-3770（3.4GHz and above）|
AMD FX™-8350（4.0 GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-7700 （3.6GHz and above）|
AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600X （3.6GHz and above）
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760|
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
AMD Radeon™ R9 280
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM|
Radeon™ RX 480
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Screen Resolution||720p||1080p||4K HDR (2160p)|
|Target resolution & Framerate||720p 30fps||1080p 30fps||4K(2160p) 30fps or 1440p 60fps|
|Hard Disc Free Space on SSD||OVER 100GB||OVER 155GB|
|Sound Card||DirectSound® Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos|
|Other||DVD-ROM／DVD-ROM Drive*, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**|
*A DVD-ROM Drive (one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required
**Game is compatible with gamepad but not required
*Note if the customer’s computer doesn’t meet the operating environment requirements, or even in the case that it does meet the environment requirements and recommended requirements, there will be cases where the operations may not function correctly due to the combinations or compatibility between each of the drivers, hardware and software.
*Note that the physical version disc is an installer only. Internet connection as well as STEAM account registration is required in order to play the game. Any internet access fee or connection fee must be covered by the customer.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION features:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players can also take on a battle with the Rulers of Yore
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fish and recipes
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets
- All current season pass content including: EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations. Through them, players will be able to obtain more information about the world
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
All these additional features and quests mean that Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is sure to be the version of the epic everyone, even detractors of the game, will fall in love with. I look forward to March when the Royal Package is released and I can upgrade my Final Fantasy XV experience to its fullest.
Leave a Reply