Team17 and Sole Survivor games have announced that funky, 1970s-based cult management simulator, Honey, I Joined a Cult, will launch into Steam Early Access in 2021. In Honey, I Joined a Cult, players undertake the management of their very own cult, recruiting new followers and acolytes, designing the layout of their groovy headquarters, and growing their influence to make the organisation as successful as possible.
As it develops, players will face challenges from inside and outside the cult, not least the leader’s ever-growing ego and an increasingly meddling media, all of which need to be kept in check in order for the cult to flourish.
Honey, I Joined A Cult key features:
- Take full control of a funky cult: Recruit cultists and followers to maintain the organisation’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy to grow its money and influence
- Build freaky deaky bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms
- Overcome groovy missions and challenges: Complete missions to unlock resources or fulfil the leader’s demands to keep their ego in check
- Stick it to ‘The Man’: Overcome threats from nosey journalists, oppressive government bodies, and rival heretical cults
- Get down with deities: The player’s choice of the cult’s focus of worship affects the wider tech tree, as well as the missions and unlocks available
Would be cult leaders can wishlist Honey, I Joined a Cult on Steam right now and can keep up to date with all the information on the game by liking us on Facebook, following Sole Survivor Games on Twitter and joining the Team17 Discord channel.