NIS America has unveiled a new trailer for Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny, dedicated to its combat system. Challenging the Divine Deathtructor is no easy task! Thanks to this video, learn the basics of combat and discover new features such as “The Hellish Assembly” or “The World of Objects”.
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny will be released in the summer of 2021 for Nintendo Switch. New features such as Ultra-Reincarnation, 3D models (a first for the series), as well as adjustable gameplay configurations, make this new opus the perfect episode for Disgaea fans, but also for new players.
So what’s the story this time around:
Zed is a pretentious zombie who belongs to the lowest rank of the Underworld, along with his sister Bieko. When the Divine Deathtructor threatens their way of life (or death), Zed must then harness his unique Ultra-Reincarnation ability to stand up to this threat. During the adventure, colourful citizens of the Underworld will join him in his quest. Is it possible for immortal thugs like them to challenge fate?
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny mixes a grim, touching story with insane tactical combat and new gameplay elements never before seen in the series. For fans of the franchise, as well as new players, a unique and memorable journey to the Underworld awaits them. The fighting will hurt thanks to the attacks and special support actions of a multitude of allied units. Gameplay setups can be adjusted such as Auto, Retry, and Replay, allowing players to fight however they want. If the situation reaches a point of no return, they can use Ultra-Reincarnation to come back to life and join the fight until successful.
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny Features :
- From Tomb to Glory: Join Zed on his quest to achieve higher status and challenge the Divine Deathtructor. Throughout your adventure, meet wacky characters, visit chaotic new worlds, and discover the power of brotherly bonds and determination.
- Immortal and Unbeatable: Frenzied tactical combat, incredible special attacks, and a wide variety of allies to recruit can be found in Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny. If the situation escalates and you die, use Ultra-Reincarnation and try your luck again until you win.
- A Subworld for All: With customizable gameplay features such as Auto, Retry, and Replay, both new players and fans of the series, can enjoy a high-level gaming experience, which matches your lifestyle. Diving into the world of Disgaea has never been so easy!
Content for the “Unrelenting Edition” :
- The game Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny Nintendo Switch
- The Mini Artbook “Behind the Seams”
- The “Defiance of Dissonance” digital soundtrack
It may be a different Disgaea, but this latest entry looks just as charming and wild as previous entries. I’ll always be hooked by the art style. It’s just so chaotic. Even if I’ve never completed a Disgaea, I always get excited when a new entry is announced. Hopefully Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny will live up to the lofty legacy of the franchise.