Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures
It will be two decades next year since the initial launch of the Rollercoaster Tycoon franchise on PC. And we’ve not seen the end of strategically placed hot dog stands just yet, as Atari has just announced the upcoming release of Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures on Nintendo Switch. The fun park sim will launch for the first time on Switch on November 29th. This new release promises to deliver Rollercoaster Tycoons’ unique brand of zaniness while offering a special experience on Nintendo’s standout console.
Keep on Rolling…
Rollercoaster Tycoon came about in the midst of the Theme Hospital/Park era of PC based management sims. All were colourful, fun, and cheery adaptations of the more in-depth Sim City model. We’ve seen modern devs return to this formula very recently with Two Point Hospital and Jurassic World Evolution, so it’s always nice to see a familiar legacy franchise like Rollercoaster Tycoon pop up.
Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures is developed by Nvizzio Creations, an indie team based in Canada. They’ve previously released Rollercoaster Tycoon World on PC. This was, unfortunately, much derided by critics and fans. TechGamer went so far as to call it: “a nostalgic trip back in time, but not the good kind. Prepare for your childhood’s destruction.”
Let’s hope that Nvizzio and Atari have learned from their mistakes, with this new iteration. There’s already an excellent caliber of park management games around. Consider those games previously mentioned, or the highly rated Planet Coaster. It seems nostalgia alone, won’t be enough to make tycoon fans part with their cash.
There are three game modes for Tycoons to play through. The open world Sandbox mode, Scenarios made and Adventure mode. Players can plonk over 120 different rides and facilities down in their parks, set over four different environments. There are also water and terraforming options, adding as much creative freedom as you could want. Check out the trailer for Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures after the official blurb. There has been no price point announced at the time of writing. GamEir.
Key Features include:
- Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in three different fun-filled modes – Adventure, Scenario, and Sandbox
- Choose Your Own Adventure: A first for the RollerCoaster Tycoon series, Adventure Mode’s brand-new Event System makes every park unique. You’ll have to make tough decisions when presented with park events, ensuring that every playthrough of Adventure Mode is a compelling new Tycoon story
- Customize and Personalize Your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colors to customize rides, roller coasters, shops, and restaurants. Transform your park by adding a pre-made path, foliage, and river tiles. Build your incredible parks in one of four distinctive locations — Alpine, Moon, Canyon, and Tropics!
- Thrill Rides: Place seven types of fully customizable roller coasters in your park — Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive, and Accelerator
- Intuitive Management System: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools make RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures the most accessible entry into the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise and a perfect fit for Nintendo Switch
- Attractions Galore: Choose from over 120 wacky rides, restaurants, and shops for your park — from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop — all featuring advanced shaders and effects
- Gameplay Flexibility: Use either Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ controllers or touchscreen controls to play the way you want. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures runs at 1080p when in TV mode and 720p in handheld mode