You beauty! Krome Studios has announced TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue is coming to the Nintendo Switch, on March 30th. Return to your favourite Aussie mates with this nostalgic re-mastering of the platformer-genre classic.
Fans of the TY the Tasmanian Tiger series boomeranged back for the popular sequel’s Kickstarter campaign, funding the project in a blazing 8.5 hours. One fan shared,
“TY 2 was my introduction to TY and let’s just say it’s a real beauty mates!.” Another fan enthused, “This is my favorite platformer of all time, I’ve never been this excited for a game!”
Throw boomerangs, bite, smash and glide your way around the Australian Outback and stop the evil plans of the wicked Boss Cass and help the good folk of the little country town of Burramudgee.
“Taking advantage of the power of modern consoles, we’ve enhanced Southern Rivers and added new gameplay too,Now you can use the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers’ motion input to throw the rangs!”
explains Lindsay Parmenter, Studio Director at Krome Studios.
New to TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue HD is a Hardcore Mode, where you only get one life, and the addition of a photo mode. Thanks to the Kickstarter backers, TY and the Fourbie jeep have heaps of new looks, there are two NEW boomerangs, and a new Bush Rescue Honorary member, too!
TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue HD for Nintendo Switch features:
- Explore from the beach to the desert to the billabong and beyond in a huge open world of old-school 3D platforming glory.
- Arm yourself with 20 different boomerangs including the classic Ironbark, Flamerang and two NEW rangs!
- Brand new photo-mode.
- A wide variety of vehicles like the Fourbie, cart, and mechs.
- 7 Levels of two-player split-screen cart racing.
- Improved camera & graphics; including updated shadows, reflections and HD resolutions.
- New Gamemode called “Hardcore Mode”.
- Character customization with NEW skins for TY and paint for the Fourbie!
- Play multiple ways with Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ controllers and motion input.
- Audio Director’s cut
Fans of the series can access the post-Kickstarter add-on Shoppe, where extra campaign merchandise is available while supplies last.
In 2004, TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue won the Australian Game Developer Association annual awards for Outstanding Visual Arts, Best Game Audio, Best Character Design and Best Handheld Game!
“We’re chuffed that nearly 20 years later, TY the Tasmanian Tiger still has so many people in love with the game and its characters. That’s quite an honor.”
Steve Stamatiadis, Creative Director shared.
TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue HD will be available as a digital-only release through the Nintendo eShop. So don’t be a galah – let’s head down under and have a corker of a time!