The Last Worker closed the show for Wired Direct, another of the new games this year will hopefully bring.
The Last Worker is a first-person narrative adventure centered around our struggle in an increasingly automated world. Combining a hand-crafted art style with uniquely immersive gameplay mechanics in an epic setting, The Last Worker delivers an emotional, thought provoking and comedic story packaged with rich characters performed by an all-star cast. The main features that we know about so far include:
- It is a collaboration between writer/director Jörg Tittel (The White King, Ricky Rouse Has a Gun) and VR pioneers Wolf & Wood (A Chair in a Room: Greenwater, The Exorcist: Legion, Hotel R’n’R)
- Handpainted 3D art based on concepts by comics legend Mick McMahon (Judge Dredd, 2000 AD)
- Hours of narrative, immersive gameplay in an environment the size of the sunken city of Manhattan
- A unique blend of core gameplay mechanics seamlessly interwoven into a narrative game unlike any other
- Rich characters performed by an all-star cast in a story filled with heartfelt drama, biting satire and intense action