Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today revealed the first look at Mortal Kombat 11 with a showcase of crushing new gameplay, new and returning fighters, immersive story elements and innovative features that offer a more personalised experience than ever before. Livestreamed to a global audience, the experiential, community celebration featured multiple reveals, including an appearance by UFC Champion, Olympic medalist and WWE Superstar, Ronda Rousey, who was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade, at the US reveal event.
Check out the official Mortal Kombat 11: The Reveal event livestream – https://www.twitch.tv/wbgameslive
“I’ve been a lifelong Mortal Kombat fan, and Sonya Blade was the first kick-ass, female video game character that I related to,” said Ronda Rousey. “Now I get to voice her in Mortal Kombat 11. It’s a dream come true to be a part of the Mortal Kombat franchise that I grew up playing.”
“We’re thrilled to showcase Mortal Kombat 11 and reveal the gameplay, new features and epic characters to the fans,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We have an amazing community, and it’s an honour to share this celebration of the Mortal Kombat franchise with all of our passionate fans around the world.”
Today’s Mortal Kombat 11 announcements included:
- UFC champion, Olympic Medalist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
- The first Gameplay Reveal Trailer featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favourite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, and Sub-Zero.
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat history.
- Exclusive Mortal Kombat 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador, Mache.
- Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available on the 28th of March. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition revealed, which includes the main game, Kombat Pack, Scorpion mask bust, exclusive steel case, commemorative magnet coin, and authenticity plate.
Mortal Kombat 11 is available for pre-order now; visit www.mortalkombat.com
Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn. Those who pre-order on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X at select retailers, will also receive access to the beta, which will be available on the 28th of March for those platforms.
Stay tuned to GamEir as we learn more about MK11 and all the new stellar content coming to it in this latest iteration. And just to remind us how awesome it is that we’re getting a new Mortal Kombat game check out the announcement trailer below.