Additional details for Pokémon GO Fest 2022 have been revealed. The global event is taking place on June 4th and June 5th. Trainers will be able to unlock so much during this event. From rewards to earning bonuses, and you’ll also be able to experience event-exclusive gameplay. Trainers can also complete Special Research. This will allow trainers to learn more about the Mythical Pokémon Shaymin. This Pokémon is known as the Gratitude Pokémon.
- Personalized Special Research: Trainers can personalize their Pokémon GO Fest experience by choosing a difficulty level for their Special Research. You also get to choose a focus: From catching to exploring, or battling. Trainers who complete Special Research will earn an encounter with the Mythical Pokémon Shaymin in its Land Forme.
- Rotating habitats and Pokémon encounters: Different Pokémon will appear in rotating hourly habitats during the event. For the first time in Pokémon GO, Trainers might encounter several different Shiny Pokémon. These include Shiny Shroomish, Shiny Numel, Shiny Karrablast, Shiny Axew, or Shiny Shelmet!
- A detailed list of the habitat hours and the Pokémon appearing during them can be found here.
- A very special Pikachu: Trainers can also find a special Pikachu in the wild. These encounters are one-star raids, and as a surprise encounter in GO Snapshot. If Trainers are lucky, they might encounter a Shiny one too.
- Trainers will also find new, Shaymin-inspired avatar items in the in-game store and special Pokémon GO Fest 2022–themed stickers from PokéStops and Gifts.
- Commemorative Pokémon GO Fest 2022 T-shirt: Trainers in select locations will be able to purchase commemorative Pokémon GO Fest 2022 T-shirts. Also, all Trainers will be able to snag a matching avatar item in the in-game shop. Trainers in the locations listed below will be able to purchase Pokémon GO Fest 2022 commemorative T-shirts by preordering from Niantic Supply. Niantic Supply will ship to the following countries.
- United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico
- United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria
- New Zealand, Australia