The world of Fortnite has just introduced new intimidating characters. Four powerful and iconic Dragon Ball characters, Son Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus, have arrived in-game, and they’ve brought with them new gameplay items, Quests, Dragon Ball Islands and more.
The Dragon Ball details
- Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival: From now until September 17th, players can board a cruise ship and watch select Dragon Ball Super episodes with their friends. Check out the Fortnite blog for full details, including how to jump in.
- Dragon Ball Adventure Island: Explore iconic locations from Dragon Ball on the Dragon Ball Adventure Island starting on August 19th. Soar through a ring course on a Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) at Kami’s Palace, prepare food at Son Goku’s House, and more.
- Power Unleashed Quests: A new “Power Unleashed!” tab has arrived in-game, full of Quests and rewards. Complete the seven sets of Quests, collect all seven Dragon Balls, and players will score the Shenron Glider!
- Go Even Further Beyond in Battle Royale: Pick up the Kamehameha and launch a devastating energy beam at anyone who crosses your path, or call on the Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) to take flight around the Island.
- Dragon Ball Item Shop: Available in the Item Shop now are new Outfits Son Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus. The collaboration also brings themed Back Blings, Pickaxes, Gliders, and Emotes such as The Charging Up Emote and The Fusion! Hah!!! Emote.
It’s fascinating to see that Fortnite can keep doing events like this. They’ve brought in superheroes from across every IP. This isn’t even the first manga they’ve plucked characters from. What is weird to me is that of all the characters from Dragon Ball that would make sense to put a gun in their hands, Bulma is the most accurate here. Hell, they didn’t even bring in Launch. I get the choice to go with the most recognisable characters but the designs seem off. I can’t put my finger on it but they just don’t seem right. Then again it doesn’t matter as this won’t stop Fortnite from continuing to do this.