PUBG Corporation has shared the schedule for the first event – the PCS Charity Showdown. The PCS Charity Showdown will consist of four regional online tournaments taking place throughout the month of May. The four regions include Asia (Korea, Japan, China and Chinese Taipei), Asia Pacific (Southeast Asia and Oceana), Europe and North America.
Teams will be competing for their share of a $100,000 USD prize pot in each of the regional tournaments.
As these are charity tournaments, PUBG Corporation will also donate an additional $100,000 to each tournament for charities selected by the winning teams – resulting in an $800,000 combined fund. Further details around each individual tournament can be found below.
PUBG CONTINENTAL SERIES EUROPE CHARITY SHOWDOWN
- Europe West Open Qualifiers: May 2nd-9th
- Europe East Open Qualifiers: May 4th-11th
- Middle East & Africa Open Qualifiers: May 5th-12th
- Group Stage Week 1: May 15th-17th
- Group Stage Week 2: May 22nd-24th
- Grand Finals (16 Teams): May 29th-31st
- Invited: FaZe Clan, Team Liquid, Natus Vincere, TSM, ENCE, RYE Gaming, Northern Lights Team, Adepts, Tornado Energy, Omaken Sports
- 14 teams from open qualifiers
PUBG CONTINENTAL SERIES NORTH AMERICA CHARITY SHOWDOWN
- Qualifier Round of 64: May 2nd-3rd
- Qualifier Round of 32: May 9th-10th
- Qualifier Round of 16: May 16th-17th
- PCS North America Charity Showdown: May 21st-24th
- Invited: Soniqs, Exodus, Oath, Houston Hardshifts, Livid Gaming, 303 Esports, Team Clueless, Radiance
- Eight teams from open qualifiers
PUBG CONTINENTAL SERIES ASIA CHARITY SHOWDOWN
- Week 1: May 15th, 17th
- Week 2: May 22nd, 24th
- Korea: Gen.G, ENTUS, Element Mystic, Griffin, VRLU GHIBLI, Quadro
- China: Luminous Stars Gaming, LYG Gaming, Tianba, iFTY, Four Angry Men, RushB Gaming
- Japan: Sunsister, Detonation Gaming White
- Chinese Taipei: Global Esports Xsset, Team Curson
PUBG CONTINENTAL SERIES APAC CHARITY SHOWDOWN
- Week 1: May 14th, 16th
- Week 2: May 21st, 23rd
- Vietnam: Ceberus Esports, Creatory Esports, Phoenix Gaming, Divine Esports, DivisionX Gaming, DIC Gaming
- Thailand: Buriram United Esports, Golden Cat, Daytrade Gaming, Qconfirm, MiTH
- Indonesia: Victim FTF
- Philippines: ArkAngel Predator
- Oceana: Fury Australia, Athletico, Team Ferox
By holding all PCS Charity Showdown events online, PUBG Corporation aims to achieve the goals announced earlier this year. These include strengthening the PUBG esports ecosystem, reaffirming its sustainability by improving the competitive structure, increasing profit sharing with participating teams, and expanding third-party partner events.
Stay tuned to GamEir for more, and if you’re interested, converse with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir). Check out our videos on Twitch (GamEir) and YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content!