Publisher Kalypso Media has announced that the HD remaster of beloved strategy classic Commandos 2 is arriving this Friday, 4th December. A 10% pre-order discount is available until launch via Nintendo eShop.
Locked, loaded and ready to deploy to Nintendo and strategy fans alike, Commandos 2 – HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch features a full high-definition refurbishment of its Pyro Studios predecessor, adding revamped tutorials, campaign missions, and optimised support for both the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con and Pro Controller. Old hands and new recruits can check out a new trailer at the bottom of the article.
Commandos 2 – HD Remaster is a true homage to one of gaming’s most celebrated masterpieces. Originally developed by the legendary Pyro Studios, relive the real-time tactics masterpiece that defined the genre like no other for the first time on Nintendo Switch.
Take control of an elite group of Allied commandos who must venture deep into enemy territory and utilize their combined expertise to complete a series of progressively demanding missions. In this World War II genre-defining classic, explore interactive environments and use unique skill sets to complete missions against seemingly impossible odds.
Features of Commandos 2 – HD Remaster
- Experience the Commandos series in HD for the first time on Nintendo Switch
- Every tutorial and campaign mission revamped with reworked controls and modernised UI
- Access authentic WWII vehicles, scenarios and weaponry such as tanks and bazookas
- 10 missions spanning 9 day/night environments, all with realistic weather effects
- Steal, climb and swim to accomplish missions within fully interactive environments
- Play as an eclectic cast of characters, including Green Beret, Sniper and Whiskey the dog
- Experiment with skills and approaches in challenging, against-the-odds style gameplay
Stay tuned to GamEir. Come talk with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir).
I promise we’re nice! Keep up with our streams over on Twitch (GamEir) and our videos on YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content.
Leave a Reply