Square Enix has shared new details on Patch 6.1 for Final Fantasy XIV Online during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast.
Set to launch in mid-April, Patch 6.1 will be the first major content update. This follows the launch of the critically acclaimed Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker expansion pack, which signalled the epic conclusion to the Hydaelyn and Zodiark saga.
Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida shared the latest information regarding a wealth of new content coming with the Patch 6.1 series of updates that fans can look forward to.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.1 Details
- New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a new chapter for Warriors of Light.
- “Tataru’s Grand Endeavor” – The spotlight falls upon Tataru in this new sidequest series, which will begin in Patch 6.1 and run until Patch 6.5. Great to follow the terrifying Tataru again.
- New Role Quest – An additional story will become available after completing all Endwalker role quests.
- PvP Updates – New PvP content known as Crystalline Conflict, PvP action updates, and a new rewards system will be implemented.
- New Housing Area – Plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district, will become available for purchase.
- The Unending Codex – A new glossary of characters and terms up through Patch 6.0 can be unlocked in the main scenario of Patch 6.1. All characters and terms will not be immediately available, with new entries added as the story unfolds.
- New Dungeon – Further details to be announced at a later date.
- A New Trial – The Endsinger’s Aria.
- New Unreal Trial – Ultima’s Bane (Unreal).
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Myths of the Realm #1.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content including job adjustments, New Game+ for Endwalker and a portion of 6.1. These include new Hrothgar hairstyles, more glamour plates, as well as the ability to try on items from the Final Fantasy XIV Online Store and more.
Even more fantasy
That’s not all folks. Further details for revisions to the A Realm Reborn main scenario content were also revealed. Among them, the new Duty Support system will be implemented for A Realm Reborn (2.0) content in Patch 6.1.
With this new system, all 4-player main scenario dungeons and trials will be able to be completed with NPCs. The Duty Support System will also be expanded in future updates. This is to support Patch 2.x content, as well as Heavensward expansion content and beyond.
All of this is just music to my ears, ladies and gentlemen.