Good Shepherd Entertainment and Ice Code Games have revealed Hard West 2. The long-awaited sequel to 2015’s hit turn-based strategy game. Set in the American Wild West and experienced by over half a million players. Hard West 2 ups the ante in every way. The unique new Bravado State delivers a more aggressive approach to combat.
Who is saddling up
The game’s expansive, character-driven story is brought to life by many voice talents. Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series), Darien Sills-Evans (Days Gone, League of Legends), and Adam Gifford (The Colony, Batman: Hush). These plus a score by BAFTA Award winner Jason Graves (Dead Space, Tomb Raider). Also, the story was co-written by Origins Awards winner and New York Times bestselling author Matt Forbeck (Deadlands).
Hard West 2 delivers a classic Western world with a supernatural twist. Where legends tell of an elusive ghost train with a bounty of gold for the taking. But when first-class con man Gin Carter raids the transport. He discovers this “ghost train” is exactly that! Now Gin must lead a posse of strange outlaws. He will have to chase down the Devil across a land touched by darkness.
- SHOW YOUR BRAVADO: Ruthlessly rack up kills to activate the new Bravado State and replenish your Action Points. Rush out of cover, go on the offensive, and chain together stylish kills to extend your streak. This as you brazenly take down anyone or anything that stands in your way
- SUPERCHARGED POSSE: Unearth mysterious playing cards to build your crew’s poker hands. Kit them out with punchier guns, explosives, trinkets, or just a square meal of beans and whiskey to keep them in top six-shooter shape
- UNNATURAL LEADER: Like it or not, responsibility for your growing posse of gunslinging outlaws, teleporting witches, and other mysterious beings lands at your boot-clad feet. But be careful who you listen to and what you ask of them. The right choices lead to more Loyalty Points and new skills for those closest to you, but choosing poorly will test their commitment to your cause.
- SHOOTOUTS ON THE MOVE: With projectiles of lead and witchcraft, Hard West 2’s turn-based combat happens in dynamically shifting environments, keeping your brain as busy as your trigger finger. Let your Western imagination run wild, from horseback chases to tense train holdups, as you hone your strategic skills to a fine edge.
- THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UNDEAD: Folk tales of the far West collide with the darkness of the occult in an unforgiving land riddled with as many demons as bullets.
- CONQUER THE DARK FRONTIER: Explore the far reaches of the Wild West in a desperate fight to save your soul. Discover more about your posse as you wander the lands, from snow-covered vistas to frontier towns struggling to survive in a merciless world. Make brutal choices and learn to live with the gruesome consequences.
Hard West 2 is expected to launch this year on PC (Steam).