Developer Code Three Fifty One has released ten minutes of narrated, fresh gameplay of its tactical turn-based title Project Haven. The fan favourite winner and NGDC grand-finalist has showcased fresh footage ahead of its major update in February, that’s set to bring significant improvements to the user interface, in-game mechanics, new playable characters and skills.
Project Haven Features
- Modern aesthetics are married to classic squad tactics. This gameplay features action point-based movement and deep ballistic simulation.
- Aim your way. There is a free-aiming system that allows you to take control of your mercs directly. Players will be able to manually shoot from an over-the-shoulder perspective. Then you pop behind cover to protect yourself from counterattacks.
- Locational damage. This lets you wing your enemies with a shot to the arm to reduce accuracy, slow their movement with a hit to the legs, or boost damage with a precise headshot.
- Seek cover. An advanced cover system lets you adjust the stance of each merc with just two clicks. Peeking over cover or leaning around a wall exposes yourself. However, this provides vital lines of sight.
- Mature storytelling. Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
Launching this year, Project Haven will deliver a massive 45+ mission campaign, a gritty sci-fi story to unravel and a cast of mismatched mercenary personalities to fill out your roster. Every mission is hand-crafted, with narrative design by Edwin McRae, a contributor to the likes of Lost Ember and Path Of Exile.