Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today released a free game improvement update for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, featuring a host of new enhancements and content to provide existing players and newcomers with the best gameplay experience.
This impressive update brings together a multitude of different elements, including a richer campaign experience, streamlined post-game Epilogue, new player skins and Legendary gear and the removal of the market, in addition to hundreds of other improvements. Below is a short list of the latest changes. To check out the full rundown of content updates
- Removal of the Market: The market and microtransactions have been completely removed from Shadow of War. Orcs recruited through Online Vendettas and Ranked Conquests will now be stored in the Garrison, and in-game Mirian can now be used to train, upgrade and customise your personal Orc army.
- Changes to the Shadow Wars of Middle-earth: Shadow of War: Renamed the Epilogue, the post-campaign has been vastly streamlined to include new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king, and Dark Talion. Victory in the Epilogue rewards players with the Masks of the Nazgûl, unlocks powerful new abilities to raise the dead, curse enemies and summons more powerful monsters. And players also have the option to continue upgrading and defending their fortresses and army in Mordor after the final credits conclude.
- More Ways to Customise & Build Your Character: The follower level cap has now been increased to 80 and the enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85. Plus, players can level up faster with greater XP rewards for Nemesis Missions, defeating Captains and Online Conquests. New Prestige Skills are available and offer incremental upgrades to skills. Players can also spend Mirian to upgrade gear to current levels by completing the upgrade challenge, and these gear upgrades now allow players to re-roll abilities for the perfect combo.
- Nemesis Improvements: There are more Legendary Orcs to encounter, more ways to get Training Orders (incl. Legendary Training Orders) and followers can now surprise players with the occasional gift. And if any followers are too keen to help out and have been stealing kills, there is now the option to turn off the Saviour feature in the menu.
- New Player Skins: Players can now take the fight to Sauron as Celebrimbor, reliving the first War for Mordor, or battle as Dark Eltariel and Baranor.
This simply put is fantastic. Warner Bros. Interactive may have given us a decent second entry in the Middle- Earth series but the post-launch updates to the content have been pretty outstanding. Additions to the Epilogue section were needed and they listened. It’s something so simple yet so few studios implement ways to improve their titles post-launch.
After seeing this I will be heading once more into the breach against the forces of Mordor. Stay tuned to GamEir and who knows we get more updates down the pipeline from the Middle-earth: Shadow of War team.