During Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase a new and adorable game was announced. Wildfrost is a super cute, beautifully designed deck-building rougelike where players build a deck of charming companions and powerful elemental items in an attempt to take back a world that has fallen to the Wildfrost. Wildfrost will be coming to PC and Switch this winter.
- Wildfrost boasts a perfect mix of deckbuilding and adventure. It lets you test your card battling skills as you fight to banish an eternal winter.
- Pick your ‘Leader’ from a variety of different tribes that offer randomised stats and skills.
- Utilise the ‘counter’ dynamic system to gain the upper hand against foes and frosty monsters.
- Each encounter will offer new cards and a new way to tackle each battle. The way you strategise each fight is up to you.
- Endless replayability with new daily challenges and runs.
Slay the Spire fans will be right at home using their card strategy and deck-building skills to get that perfect run and reach the Sun Temple.
From the charming visuals, in particular, the designs of the companions and the bright and vibrant world this looks like quite a fun game.