Ubisoft has announced Odin’s Hootenanny, a digital variety show to celebrate the upcoming launch of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, to be held on the 6th of November at 5 pm. Presented in partnership with Xbox Series X|S, featuring segments from Xbox, IGN and BAFTA, Odin’s Hootenanny will be hosted by actor and comedian, Danny Wallace, who is best known to fans for his portrayal of Shaun Hastings in the Assassin’s Creed series.
The live-streamed event will feature a host of exclusive content, including a gameplay reveal from the Xbox Series X version of Valhalla as well as a Viking game-show featuring plucky ravens, red-hot forges and much more. The full show will include:
- Eivor Critiques IGN’s Viking Skills: Magnus Bruun, the talented Danish actor behind male Eivor provides live commentary direct from a Viking long-hall in Denmark as Amy Mallett and Stevie Coales seek to prove their mettle in dark-age Leicestershire. In true Viking fashion, Magnus’ commentary is brutal and unforgiving, not to mention colourful.
- BAFTA presents The Art of Storytelling: In an extended BAFTA Guru feature, Elle Osili-Wood sits down with Narrative Director Darby McDevitt to explore the storytelling of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- Xbox On presents Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on Xbox Series X. An extended gameplay segment showcasing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on the new Xbox Series X hardware.
- Modern-Day Flyting: Gaming rapper and self-proclaimed Rhyme Minister, Dan Bull will go head-to-head with British rap star Lethal Bizzle in a modern interpretation of a dark-age flyting battle, filled with sarcastic wit.
- A Very Viking Gameshow: A live-action, socially distanced game-show where two teams of the UK’s finest presenters and content creators, including Bex Bomb, Elle Osili-Wood, Gav Murphy and Marcus Bronzy square off in a series of Viking challenges, including axe-throwing and mind-games (and Kerplunk) with an actual raven named Loki.
“I’ve been a huge Assassin’s Creed fan from the beginning and delighted to be part of the series, and Valhalla looks like it’ll be the best so far,” “So when Ubisoft tempted me out of the house with ravens, skulls and axes, how could I turn them down?”
said Danny Wallace, presenter of Odin’s Hootenanny
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – There’s no hootenanny like Odin’s hootenanny
Odin’s Hootenanny will premiere at 5 pm GMT on Friday, 6th of November. Tune in at:
With development led by Ubisoft Montreal, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla offers players the captivating experience of playing as Eivor, a legendary Viking raider, in a beautiful and mysterious open world set against the brutal backdrop of England’s Dark Ages. Players can take advantage of new features, including raids, weapon dual-wielding, and settlement building.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will release worldwide on 10th of November, on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC, as well as on UBISOFT+, Ubisoft’s subscription service and Stadia. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will release on the PlayStation 5 alongside the launch of the console from the 12th of November. Valhalla will launch on Amazon Luna alongside the launch of the Ubisoft channel.