Square Enix Ltd., has announced that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition, the highly anticipated update of the beloved action-RPG adventure coming to the Nintendo Switch, the PlayStation 4 and iOS and Android mobile devices, will launch alongside a free to download demo version called Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite.
In the Lite edition adventurers can play through the first three dungeons in both single-player and online multiplayer with cross-play functionality.
Additionally, players who purchase the full game will be able to host multiplayer sessions with players using Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite, so a full party of up to four caravanners can play through up to 13 dungeons in the fantasy adventure together with one copy of the full game.
Save data can be carried over from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Lite to the full game, ensuring players can seamlessly continue their progress in the magical fantasy adventure.
In further news, new gameplay enhancements have been revealed to make the adventure in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition more memorable than ever. As well as a ‘Mimic’ feature which allows players to take the form of various characters they meet on their journey, other gameplay enhancements include:
- Quick Chat – new tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
- Magic Timer – a new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronise and combine their magical attacks to unleash their full power.
- UI Improvements – increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
- Additional Difficulty Modes – after finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release.
- Updated Soundtrack – over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for the Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.
For more information visit the official site.