A new studio by the name of Proud Dinosaurs has released their first game ever, Macrotis: A Mother’s Journey, after two and a half years of development. Their game is on Steam.
Macrotis: A Mother’s Journey is a puzzle-platformer adventure with unique mechanics, beautiful artwork, immersive musical score, challenging environmental puzzles, and a gripping story.
The story of this magical world
Within Macrotis there is a magical world, animals can speak, and there are different sentient races. The main character is mother Bilby (a real animal that is very cute but unfortunately an endangered species native to Australia) who got separated from her children during a flood caused by never-ending rains. Her goal is getting back to them at the beginning of the game but eliminating the root cause of the danger, the rain, becomes another goal for her as the story progresses.
Bilby has only natural abilities in the beginning of the game such as pushing/pulling, jumping, climbing, etc. However, mother Bilby gains magical abilities as the game progresses. These abilities introduce some unique mechanics to the game like a weightless magical form outside of her physical form that doesn’t break breakable platforms and that can pass through walls, also an ability to create walls to block traps and reach otherwise unreachable places. Naturally, the puzzles get more complicated as a result.
Macrotis: A Mother’s Journey Features
- Live through hours of adventure filled with thought provoking and sometimes unforgiving puzzles
- Experience an emotional journey with an immersive storyline
- Gain magical abilities that lets you pass through walls and raise barriers
- Overcome obstacles by digging and gnawing
- Use water physics to your advantage and proceed without drowning
- Enjoy a beautiful yet dangerous atmosphere
- Gather lots of collectibles and learn the lore of the magical world of Macrotis
- Earn Steam Achievements and Trading Cards
- Play the game either in English, Turkish, French, Spanish, Chinese(Simplified), Japanese, Russian, Portuguese(Brazilian), Italian or German
Stay tuned to GamEir. Also, be sure and converse with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir). Check out our videos on Twitch (GamEir) and YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content.