Free League Publishing has announced the expansion of MÖRK BORG Cult: Heretic. A zine of community-made misadventure and malice for use with MÖRK BORG or any other rules-light dark fantasy RPG, alongside a GM Screen.
Here comes the Heretic
The tome MÖRK BORG Cult: Heretic includes creatures, classes, optional rules, and generators as well as four adventures. Nurse the Rot, Graves Left Wanting, Sepulchre of the Swamp Witch, and Bloat. A MÖRK BORG GM Screen will also be released alongside this evil tome.
The multiple award-winning RPG MÖRK BORG is designed by Pelle Nilsson (Ockult Örtmästare Games) and Johan Nohr (Stockholm Kartell). It is published by Free League Publishing under the sub-label Free League Workshop.
In the heinous tome of curses and hexes, you’ll find:
- Seeds of a CVLT. Use this to generate cults, leaders, beliefs, and spiritual homes.
- Unheroic Feats. Enhance and personalize your classless characters with these optional advancement rules.
- Graves Left Wanting. A campaign-starting or post-TPK tomb crawl adventure. Where the PCs find themselves buried alive in the vast, ever-changing cemetery Graven-Tosk.
- Bloat. Villagers disappear. Tracks lead to an underground temple of bacchanalian frenzy, reeking of rot, offal, and bile. A two-page dungeon for the peckish.
- You are Cursed. So, you opened the puzzle box, whistled in the old mine, or carelessly removed the protecting wards? These curses will be the consequence. Luckily, there are ways to break them, but it comes at a cost.
- The Merchant. Cursed with eternal life and destined to roam the world trading shards of souls for ruinous relics. You never know when this mysterious monger might appear. Will you make a deal?
- Blackpowder Weapons for the Rich and Foolhardy. The world is ending, so let’s end it with a BANG. These optional rules are the spark that adds fire- to your fights.
- Sepulchre of the Swamp Witch. In a hidden repository deep in the Slithering Swamp is a witch’s altar of glyph-covered roots. They say it can fulfil any wish. Could stopping the approaching Doom be within its powers? Only one way to find out.
- The Bone Bowyer. This horrid fey lurks in the tangled depths of Sarkash where it fashions heart-seeking bone bows and blood-dyed cloaks from the flesh of the lost.
- Borg Bitor. Vile, insectoid parasites creep into houses and nurseries come nighttime. There is a baby. There is an egg. Don’t let them become one.
- Rotting Nurse. Ghastly caretakers are tormented by the eternal punishment for unforgivable atrocities. This foe is beyond any of you. Run!
- Nurse the Rot. As you put Mother Marathuk—one of you dreg’s aunt—to rest, the village Tunstal sinks into darkness, leaving it to its doom unless something is done.
- Two additional, optional classes: The bastard of a bard Sacrilegious Songbird and the Shedding Vicar, a fanatic preaching the skinless gosp.
MÖRK BORG GM Screen
The MÖRK BORG GM Screen is a five-panelled portrait, printed with gold metallic ink on one side and vivid neon yellow on the other. The front is all art, with five scenes of various locales and important characters. The GM-facing side sports a wide array of tables and rules summaries that might come in handy during play.
Find out more about MÖRK BORG Cult: Heretic here.