Loading additional skill modules… the 32nd hero in Overwatch is now live on the Public Test Realm (PTR) on PC! Echo is a multirole evolutionary robot programmed with a rapidly adapting artificial intelligence and represents the cutting edge of technology. Echo is a Damage category hero.
Who is Echo?
Echo was the creation of Singaporean scientist Dr. Mina Liao, who was one of the earliest members of Overwatch. Prior to joining the organization, Dr. Liao was widely considered one of the prominent experts in robotics and artificial intelligence.
Dr. Liao dreamed of improving upon the original omnic designs, which became the basis for the Echo project. She created an adaptive robot that could be programmed to learn different functions – anything from medical support to construction – but with serious limits to independent decision making. Although Overwatch was wary of just how often and where they used her, Liao had programmed Echo with a powerful artificial intelligence that learned by observation. As a result, much of Liao’s behaviours – including her speech – were adopted by her.
- Tri-Shot (Primary Fire) – She fires 3 shots at once, in a triangle pattern.
- Sticky Bombs (Secondary Fire) – She fires a volley of sticky bombs that detonate after a delay.
- Flight (Shift) – She surges forward quickly, then can fly freely.
- Focusing Beam (E) – Echo channels a beam for a few seconds, dealing very high damage to targets with less than half health.
- Duplicate (Ultimate) – Our hero then duplicates a targeted enemy hero and gains use of their abilities
Glide (Passive) – Echo can glide while falling.
Stay tuned to GamEir. Also, be sure and converse with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir). Check out our videos on Twitch (GamEir) and YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content.