Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, the popular fighting game by developer nWay in partnership with Hasbro, Inc. and global content leader Lionsgate, has announced the release of Season 2, providing players with three new fan-favourite warriors (Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger, Eric Myers, and Dai Shi), new arena (Space Patrol Delta base), new ultra (Delta Squad Megazord), and new character skin (Tommy Oliver / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers White Ranger).
Season 2 has debuted on the Xbox One and PC, with access in America for PlayStation 4 today and the Nintendo Switch on September 27th. PlayStation 4 and Switch players in Europe will have access during the first week of October.
nWay also announced the launch of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on PC via Steam. The cult hit allows PC players to enjoy all the features and content that are currently available on the console version of the game on day one of the game’s release including full story mode, voiceovers from the original cast, multi-platform crossplay and direct matches.
“After the tremendous success of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on console, we are proud to launch the PC version to gamers and Power Rangers fans around the world,” said Taehoon Kim, co-founder and CEO of nWay. “With our crossplay feature, the introduction of PC players to the matchmaking pool, along with players from Nintendo Switch and Xbox, will only add to the excitement of the community enjoying the fierce battles and incredibly fun action of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.”
Season 2 Content
Season 2 features a mix of free and paid downloadable content (DLC). Key details of the DLC include:
● New Characters:
○ Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger – Power Rangers S.P.D. (Available Now | $5.99) Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger is the commander of Space Patrol Delta on Earth. Also known as the Shadow Ranger, he is a master swordsman who is able to use a variety of blade attacks from short and long-range.
○ Eric Myers – Power Rangers Time Force (Available in October | $5.99). Eric Myers worked for the Silver Guardians as a simple soldier but eventually claimed the Quantum Ranger powers for himself and was able to travel back in time and claim the power of the Q-Rex Zord. Quantum Ranger is a long-range fighter that utilizes blaster shots and teleports to harass opponents from a distance. His offense greatly increases when his Quantum Defender is switched to blade mode.
○ Dai Shi – Power Rangers Jungle Fury (Available in November | $5.99). The evil spirit of an ancient eight-headed dragon, Dai Shi was imprisoned long ago until his seal was broken. Dai-Shi is a highly agile melee fighter that boasts unique movement options and attack angles unavailable to the rest of the cast. He is an effective fighter grounded or airborne.
● New Character Skin: Tommy Oliver / Mighty Morphin White Ranger (Available in October | $1.99). Play as the first White Ranger with Saba on his side.
● New Arena: Space Patrol Delta Base (Available Now | Free). Battle on the training grounds of the command post for S.P.D. Academy.
● New Ultra: Delta Squad Megazord (Available Now | Free). S.P.D. Emergency! Call up the power of the Delta Squad Megazord to assist your team in battle.
● New Banners (Available Now | Free). Unlock new banners featuring art from the new characters and Story Mode.
nWay has also released the Season 2 Pass for $14.99 on all platforms including PC. This bundle includes all of Season 2’s paid content, including three new characters – Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger, Eric Myers, and Dai Shi – along with the White MMPR Ranger character skin. Players will be able to access Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger immediately, with Eric Myers and the Mighty Morphin White Ranger skin coming in October, and Dai Shi in November.
Key features of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on PC include:
● An amazing roster of 12 starting characters to provide multiple fighting options. Characters include: Jason Lee Scott, Tommy Oliver, Gia Moran, Ranger Slayer, Magna Defender, Kat Manx, Mastodon Sentry, Goldar, Lord Drakkon, Udonna, Dragon Armor Trini and Cenozoic Blue Ranger.
● Four Ultras to keep the action going: Dino Megazord, Dragonzord, Mega Goldar, and S.P.D. Megazord
● Eight Arenas including Zordon’s Training Room, Harwood County Warzone, Mystic Forest, Lord Drakkon’s Throne Room, Command Center, Corinth, Planet Earth: Cenozoic Era, and Space Patrol Delta Base
● Multiple online gameplay modes including:
○ Ranked Mode: Match up against players from across the world in online battles and fight to earn League Points.
○ Casual Mode: Similar to Ranked Mode, but without the pressure of losing League Points. This is the best place to practice with new characters or just to have fun.
● Variety of Offline Modes including:
○ Versus Mode: Compete against another player or the computer.
○ Arcade Mode: Fight in a series of battles that ultimately ends against the final boss.
○ Training Mode: Hone your skills against training mode AI and utilize a variety of functions specifically tailored to training.
○ Tutorial: Learn how to play the game’s core mechanics by playing in a series of step-by-step instructions.
● Story Mode: The PC version of the game also includes the full story mode, with an epic storyline written and voice-directed by writer/director Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid, Nightwing, Batman: Gates of Gotham).
● Voiceovers by Original Cast: The game’s story and combat voiceovers are performed by original Power Rangers cast members, including Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver), Austin St. John (Jason Lee Scott), David J. Fielding (Zordon), Kerrigan Mahan (Goldar) and Meghan “Strawburry17” Camarena (Kimberly).
● Direct Match: Friends or any two specific players can match up directly to compete against each other.
● Crossplay & Cross-Progression: Players on PC can battle against players on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One in Ranked, Casual or Direct Matches.
● Collectibles including 120 collectible banners.
In addition to the standard version mentioned above, a “Collector’s Edition” will be available for PC for $39.99 and include the digital game download, Season One Pass, Lord Drakkon Evo II Skin and a Kimberly Hart/Pink Ranger skin. Season One Pass, which can be purchased separately for $14.99, includes three characters (Trey of Triforia, Jen Scotts and Lord Zedd), in addition to a Jason Lee Scott/Red Dragon Shield Skin. Players will also be able to purchase the new Season 2 Pass.
Stay tuned to GamEir. Also, be sure and converse with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir). Check out our videos on Twitch (GamEir) and YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content.