Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and retail co-publishing partner Deep Silver, have officially announced that Chivalry 2 will launch on June 8th, with Cross-Play support for PC (via Epic Games Store), the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, the Xbox One, and the Xbox Series X/S console systems.
PC players ready to enter the ultimate medieval battlefield early are encouraged to pre-order Chivalry 2 now for guaranteed access to the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta event beginning March 26th.
Digital pre-orders are live now for PC for both the standard edition of Chivalry 2 (MSRP $39.99, €39.99, £34.99) and the Chivalry 2: Special Edition (MRSP $49.99, €49.99, £44.99). More news on the availability of console pre-orders will be announced soon.
Chivalry 2 will offer pre-order incentives across the standard and special editions. The standard edition pre-order, available for both digital and retail, will grant players the Royal Zweihänder weapon skin.
The Special Edition, offered for digital pre-order only, comes with a bevvy of additional exclusive items including the full Chivalry 2 game, the Agatha Jousting Knight Armour and Royal Broadsword, the Mason Jousting Knight Armour, the Gold Horseman’s Axe, the Roses novelty item, and more.
All digital pre-orders of either the standard or special edition will guarantee access to the upcoming closed beta. Please visit the official website for additional pre-order information.
“Our dev team has been firing on all cylinders to create the best medieval combat game imaginable,” said Torn Banner Founder, Steve Piggott. “Chivalry 2 is going to be everything fans of the first title dreamed of and so much more – from a combat system rebuilt from the ground up, to massive upgrades in scale and visuals.”
“We continue to be impressed with the craftsmanship and creativity from our partners at Torn Banner Studios,” said John Gibson, CEO and Co-owner at publisher Tripwire Interactive. “They’ve crafted something very special with Chivalry 2, building the groundwork for a game that will allow players to experience epic medieval battles across all five major gaming platforms for years to come.”
Scheduled to begin on March 26th and running through March 29th for PC (via Epic Games Store) PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S Console Systems, the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta event will offer fans the chance to experience the ultimate medieval battlefield ahead of its global multiplatform June 8th launch.
Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta event details include:
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- Size Matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones.
- Master Blade, Bow, or… Chicken: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
- The World is Your Weapon: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken!
- New Map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry 2 since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favourite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
- Many Modes: In addition to Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in a variety of other modes, including Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All.