Endless Space 2
Fans of strategic space opera Endless Space 2 can now avail of free content for the game. This new update comes off the back of last months free-to-play weekend. Developer Amplitude Studios promised players the chance to garner new stuff, if the community managed over 1 million combined hours, in-game. Sounds like quite a challenge, but the dev team may have underestimated their fan-base. 2.8 million hours later, you might say the goal was met.
Here’s the complete list of content that owners of Endless Space 2 can now avail of:
FREE FLEET SKINS
- Riftborn “Redshifted” skin – Particles in zones inhabited by Riftborn are occasionally redshifted as a temporary adaptation to slow the local effects of corruption, an important tool in offsetting problems encountered by their ships in the galaxy.
- Sophon “Mavros” skin – The intellectually superior Sophons would never admit to being jealous of the Mavros’ swagger, but occasionally like to remind others that they, too, are entirely capable of blowing up moons…
- Unfallen “Firekeepers” skin – The Firekeepers support the Unfallen lifecycle by preparing the fields with brushfires and melting resin to cover the Unfallen seeds. These ceremonial hulls commemorate this organization.
- Vodyani “Heretic” skin – When Isyander St. Shaiad decided to become a heretic, he changed more than just his name. He rebuilt the armor of his ships in crimson and white, colors that he believed were initially used on the Endless altars to the Lost.
- Lumeris “Buccaneer” skin – A nod to the piracy between friends that was common before the Four Families became structured and formalized. There are rumors though, that some of these fleets hail from a shadowy, rogue operation…
- Horatio “Emerald” skin – Horatio liked emerald green this weekend. That is all.
Amplitude Studios have now made it possible to create mods for your AI in Endless Space 2. These mods can then be uploaded and shared via the Steam Workshop.
ART & LORE
They’ve also thrown in the brand new Hissho Comic, and the fourth installment of “Quality time with Jeff”. The Hissho comic will focus on Endless Space 2 lore. The Hissho are a faction within the game, recently returned in the Supremacy Expansion. “Quality time with Jeff” is a video series following lead writer Jeff Spock. Each episode, Jeff highlights a different department within Amplitude Studios, and interviews various employees.
If you’ve only now heard of Endless Space 2, it’s a good time to get involved. The game is currently 66% off on Steam (until the 14th of September). I’d recommend checking it out. It’s a beautiful, jaw-droppingly massive, turn-based, 4X game. Check out the official Amplitude lines below, plus the sweet trailer. GamEir.
Endless Space 2 is a Strategic Space Opera set in a mysterious universe.
Your story unfolds in a galaxy that was first colonized by God-like beings known as the “Endless”, who rose and fell eons ago. All that remains of them are mystical ruins, powerful artifacts, and a strange, near-magical substance known as Dust.
Endless Space 2 takes the classic “one more turn” formula to new heights. You will explore mysterious star systems, discover the secrets of ancient races, build colonies on distant planets, exploit trade routes, develop advanced technologies of unthinkable power; and, of course encounter new life forms to understand, to court or to conquer.