Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online’s fourth major expansion, Victory is Life, is now available on PC and will release later on consoles. The free-to-play MMORPG set in the iconic Star Trek universe celebrates the 25th anniversary of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine by taking players onto the infamous starbase that started it all. While exploring the corridors of Deep Space Nine, they will team up with some of the space station’s original crew members, including Quark (Armin Shimerman), Odo (René Auberjonois), Kira (Nana Visitor), Doctor Bashir (Alexander Siddig) and more. Victory is Life also introduces seven exciting new episodes, a brand new playable Jem’Hadar faction, a massive Gamma Quadrant Sector Battlezone and plenty of new Deep Space Nine-themed content to discover.
Victory is Life opens in the wake of a devastating attack on Deep Space Nine. The starbase sustained critical damage in a battle against the Hur’q, invaders from the Gamma Quadrant who recently battled the Alliance in the anniversary episode, “Scylla and Charybdis.” Captains must now devise a plan to defend Deep Space Nine from another incursion with the help of some of the space station’s legendary crew members and inhabitants. This includes Quark (Armin Shimerman), Odo (René Auberjonois), Kira Nerys (Nana Visitor), Doctor Julian Bashir (Alexander Siddig), Rom (Max Grodénchik), Elim Garak (Andrew Robinson) and Captain Nog (Aron Eisenberg). Players will also encounter Weyoun (Jeffrey Combs), Martok (J.G. Hertzler), Leeta (Chase Masterson), the Female Changeling (Salome Jens) and Elder First Dukan Rex (Bumper Robinson).
Captains can also access Victory is Life to explore new Deep Space Nine-inspired gameplay content, including the Jem’Hadar playable faction, Gamma Quadrant Battlezone and a total revamp of the original DS9 space station’s interior. A full list of game features introduced with the expansion includes:
- Playable Jem’Hadar Faction – For the first time in Star Trek Online history, players can become a Jem’Hadar – genetically engineered soldiers of the Dominion. This brand-new playable faction will start at level 60 with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees, and R&D progress.
- Level Cap Increase – Star Trek Online’s level cap has been increased to 65, for captains of all factions.
- Gamma Quadrant Sector Space Battlezone – This all-new Battlezone allows players to explore the depths of the Gamma Quadrant, where they will complete missions and receive notifications about incoming Hur’q attacks. A new quadrant map will show Captains where they can rendezvous to fight off the enemy and earn rewards for participating, including experience, expertise, Gamma marks, and dilithium.
- Deep Space Nine Revamp – Fans of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine will be thrilled to learn that they can explore the original DS9 space station, as it appears in the original television series. The Star Trek Online team has spent months pouring over the show’s set schematics to recreate the starbase’s interior in the game.
- Swarm Queue – Players can participate in a new five-player, co-op space queue that tasks Captains with defending Dominion refugees from a ravenous Hur’q swarm.
- Gamma Task Force Reputation – This new addition to the Reputation System represents a coalition of forces formed to battle enemies hailing from the Gamma Quadrant. It will feature all new traits, kits modules, space/ground equipment sets, ground armor and space visuals.
To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visit www.playstartrekonline.com