Klabater has announced that The Amazing American Circus, a unique card game with sim elements, on which the studio works with the talented Juggler Games team, will hit PC and consoles on August 12th this year. In The Amazing American Circus, you’ll build a circus empire from scratch. Flesh and blood, opponents, as well as characters known from the American folklore, will stand in your way to success.
As a novice owner of a small and run-down circus, you’ll have to face the historic giant of this industry. P.T. Barnum. Can you defeat him? The Amazing American Circus tells a story of the most iconic entertainment in American history. The USA, during the Gilded Age, is a turbulent place.
The new era is coming, and this is the last right moment for the circus to flourish! Discover Weird America where history blends with a dash of magical realism and ethnical folklore. Meet Wendigo, Big Foot (I feel like they’re similar), and many more.
On May 7th, Klabater started the initial beta testing phase of the game. The players who supported the game during the successful Kickstarter campaign will get to play first. On May 20th, the open beta tests will begin, which will be carried out with the help of the Steam Playtest mechanics – details will be provided soon (it is worth following the information appearing on the official The Amazing American Circus Discord channel). Players will be able to test fragments of the first of the four regions available in the game.
“The decision to postpone the premiere to August is due to the commitment to the final quality and enjoyment of the game, and the additional time needed to properly certify the game on all console platforms. We also want to give ourselves a bit more time to market the game and bring it closer to players through open playtests on Steam. We are committed to a transparent presentation of The Amazing American Circus. We are pleased with the quality of the game as it stands and believe that the best we can do in the coming weeks is just to let the gamers who follow the production play it.”
says Michał Gembicki, Klabater’s Joint-CEO.
What has it to offer?
- Become a legend! Save a run-down circus, gather a troupe of performers, and dare to defy the greatest showman on earth – P.T Barnum himself (even if he was a monster, look him up).
- Recruit and train over 15 different types of circus artists
- Take part in exciting battles in the circus arena using the beautifully illustrated collectable cards
- Upgrade your circus caravan thanks to different types of wagons offering over 100 possible modifications
- Meet both historical and fictional characters deeply embedded in American folklore, such as John D. Rockefeller, Susan B. Anthony, or Nikola Tesla
- Immerse yourself in a story taking place during the turbulent era of the fading Wild West and enter the beautiful and dark world of Native American folklore and the immigrant populace
- Listen to a unique soundtrack inspired by classic circus music and American country & folk