Krome Studios has announced that their award-winning game, TY the Tasmanian Tiger, is coming to the PlayStation 4 on July 25th. Return to your favourite Aussie mates with this nostalgic re-mastering of the platformer genre classic in TY the Tasmanian Tiger HD.
“TY the Tasmanian Tiger started out as a PS2 Project,” says Lindsay Parmenter, Studio Director at Krome Studios. “We’re excited to be bringing TY back to the PlayStation platform.”
Now you can measure your progress against your friends with trophies and leaderboards on your quest for the new Platinum trophy. Join TY on a ripper of an adventure to collect the 5 mystical talismans to free his family from the “dreaming” and stop the evil genius cassowary, Boss Cass. To help you on your quest, you’ve got a beaut arsenal of boomerangs, sharp teeth, and the help of a few friends!
Immerse yourself exploring 17 levels of iconic Australian Outback. Use 13 different boomerangs including the Frostyrang, Flamerang and the powerful Doomerang, to knock out enemies and complete missions. With improved graphics, including updated shadows, reflections, HD resolutions and 60 FPS smoothness, you’ll be drenched in Aussie-ness.
TY the Tasmanian Tiger is Krome Studios’ charming Australiana-themed video game that debuted in 2002 for PlayStation 2 systems, Nintendo GameCube, and Xbox. Krome Studios was a finalist of the Australian Game Developer Association annual awards with Best Handheld Game, Best Game Audio, and for Outstanding Visual Arts. Thanks to the incredible support of the TY fan community, TY the Tasmanian Tiger HD was made possible through a tremendously successful Kickstarter campaign last year.
Steve Stamatiadis, Creative Director shares, “We’re chuffed that nearly 20 years later, TY the Tasmanian Tiger still has so many people in love with the game and its characters. That’s quite an honour.”
TY the Tasmanian Tiger HD for PlayStation4 features:
- Enhanced graphics – Screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO), fully dynamic
shadows, colour correction and bloom, high definition textures, improved particle
effects, 60 FPS, 1080p.
- Improved audio – Audio Director’s cut. Higher quality audio throughout with
additional audio for boomerangs and cinematics.
- Improved camera and controls with adjustable settings.
- Over 35 Trophies, including a Platinum Trophy, plus Speed Run and Time Attack
- New Gamemode called “Hardcore Mode”.
- New TY character skins.
PS4 Pro 4 features:
- Enhanced graphics – like greater draw distances, improved anti-aliasing and prettier smoke/dust/steam visual effects as well. You’ll have a ripper of an adventure with modernized water reflections and greater detail, all at 60fps.
- Funded in just the first couple of days, it was a surprise to see all the love for our mate, TY, come pouring out to us in last year’s Kickstarter campaign.
- Many fans scored exclusive Kickstarter items like the TY Flamerang 20cm statuette, TY1 sun-patterned shorts, and the vinyl LP record.
You’ve heard it here. It’s official, the game has been approved by Sony and will be launching digitally on the PlayStation Store next week.