ATLUS and Vanillaware shared new details about their upcoming tactical RPG Unicorn Overlord. In this latest bit of news, the team behind tactical RPG Unicorn Overlord has shared more information on the game’s characters, world, gameplay and more.
From the creators of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Odin Sphere, and Dragon’s Crown, Unicorn Overlord shines in combining overworld exploration and an innovative battle system in the iconic Vanillaware style. Traverse the vibrant world, cultivate a grand army with over 60 uniquely designed characters, and grow your renown throughout the five nations in this unique epic fantasy experience!
What is Unicorn Overlord?
The story takes place on the continent of Fevrith, once comprised of five nations: Cornia, Drakenhold,
Elheim, Bastorias, and Albion. However, the reborn Zenoiran Empire led by Galerius now dominates the
Players can explore the vast overworld at their leisure, encountering various quests and events. Fight against enemies, liberate and rebuild captured settlements, and prepare your forces to advance even further.
- Various events (quests) occur while exploring the overworld.
- Take on quests, complete battle stages, and then reap the rewards.
- All sorts of events are logged as quests. Start with the ones that interest you!
- When you defeat imperial forces and liberate towns and forts, you’ll gain access to armouries and
tool shops. Wandering enemies in the region will also disappear, making it easier to explore the
- Towns devastated by imperial rule can be reconstructed by “delivering” materials, adding
facilities and functions that can be used.
- When large towns and foreign countries are rebuilt, “inns” will be added, where they will be able to
There is even more coming down the pipeline and it’s exciting to see how Unicorn Overlord will further expand before release.
Unicorn Overlord is rated PEGI 12 and will be available on March 8th, 2024 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch. For more information on Unicorn Overlord, visit unicornoverlord.atlus.com.