Happy Spooky Season friends! Once again, I have been blessed with Dead by Daylight DLC! And no, I am no better at playing killer now than I was the last time I covered DLC. Truth be told, I’ll probably never be good at killer. I totally suck at the tracking down survivors part. Anyways, that’s not why we’re here! The much anticipated Project W has graced our games, and I’ve been back on the grind!
Project W is the 25th chapter for Dead by Daylight, and brings in some more icons from the Resident Evil franchise. This time, we’re graced with Albert Wesker, Ada Wong and Rebecca Chambers. I still can’t decide if I prefer Ada or Rebecca, both run super smoothly and work well with my standard builds. Anyways, let’s talk about the new perks that the latest characters have brought to the game!
Ada Wong Perks:
- Wiretap – After repairing a Generator for 3 seconds, press the Active Ability button to install a Wiretap. This stays active for 60/70/80seconds. When the Killer comes within 14 metres of a trapped Generator, their Aura is revealed to all Survivors. Damaging the Generator destroys the Wiretap.
- Reactive Healing – When another Survivor loses a Health State within 32 metres of you while you’re injured, you benefit from the following effect: grants 40/45/50% of your missing Healing Progression.
- Low Profile – Whenever you are the only Survivor in the Trial currently not in the Dying State, hooked, or already dead, Low Profile activates. It suppresses your Pools of Blood, Scratch Marks, , and Grunts of Pain for 70/80/90 seconds.
Rebecca Chambers Perks:
- Better than New – Upon completing a Healing action on another Survivor, their Action speeds increase in Healing, Unlocking, Cleansing, and Blessing by 12/14/16%
- Reassurance – When within 6 metres of a hooked Survivor, press the Active Ability button to halt their Sacrifice Process for the next 20/25/30 seconds.If the hooked Survivor has already entered the Struggle Phase, its Skill Checks are paused. However, Reassurance can only be used once per hook instance.
- Hyperfocus – After hitting a Great Skill Check while repairing or healing, Hyperfocus gains 1 Token. This goes up to a maximum of 6 Tokens. Stack-able effects are applied for each token.
- Increases the Skill Check Trigger odds by +4% per Token.
- Increases the Skill Check Rotation speed by +4% per Token.
- Increases the Skill Check Bonus progression by 10/20/30% of its base value per Token.
Hyperfocus loses all Tokens when succeeding a Good Skill Check, failing a Skill Check, or if the action is interrupted.
The Mastermind, Albert Wesker, Specials
As well as having three new perks, Wesker comes with a pretty nifty power. It’s called Virulent Bound.
Special Attack: Bound Attack
Press and hold the Power button to charge a Bound Attack.
While charging, The Mastermind moves slightly slower, as he prepares his strike. When charged, press the Attack button to Bound.
- Hitting a Survivor with a Bound Attack afflicts them with Infection.
- Hitting a Survivor already afflicted with Infection with a Bound Attack will increase their Infection.
- Crashing into something during a Bound Attack will slam a nearby Survivor, causing damage. If not, the Survivor is thrown and loses a Health State if they hit any solid object.
There’s also a Bound Vault, which is a special ability. If Wesker hits a pallet or window while using Virulent Bound, he vaults over the obstacle. The Mastermind also has one more trick up his sleeve, before we even hit his perks.
Special Affliction: Uroboros Infection
The Uroboros Infection builds over time. Upon reaching Critical Infection, the Survivor suffers from the Hindered Status Effect. This reduces their movement speed by -8%. If The Mastermind grabs and slams a Critically Infected Survivor while using Virulent Bound, he will automatically begin to carry them.
The Mastermind Perks
- Superior Anatomy -When a Survivor performs a rushed vault within 8 metres of you, Superior Anatomy activates. This increases your Vaulting speed by 30/35/40% the next time you vault a window. The perk deactivates after vaulting and has a 30-second cooldown.
- Awakened Awareness – While carrying a survivor, of all other survivors are revealed to you when they are within 16/18/20 metres of your location.
- Terminus – Terminus activates once the Exit Gates are powered. All survivors who are injured, hooked or dying will get the Broken status effect. This remains until the gates are opened. However, this effect lingers for 20/25/30 seconds after the Exit Gates are open.
Project Horror Queen
Project W has been a really fun experience for me. I’ll never fully have the confidence to main as a killer, but Wesker would definitely be one of my top choices. He was super easy to control and play as, and the Bound is SO FUN! Even after playing though, I can’t totally decide how I feel about his perks. I think for a more experienced killer, they’d be great assets. For more casual killers like me, the game has other perks that would be more suited to casual players.
Ada and Rebecca are both great survivors, with great perks. They run great using only their own individual perks and also fit well with my normal builds. For reference, my normal builds all include Spine Chill and Urban Evasion. Honestly, these are some of my favourite character perks in a long time. As well as being great for a variety of builds, they also fit with the characters themselves.
Project W is a really solid addition to Dead by Daylight, and the RPD map has finally been fixed! Playing as any of the franchise’s iconic characters on that map is a whole new kind of epic feeling. This DLC is even worth buying for non-Resident Evil fans, purely because of the character perks. Yet another chapter knocked right out of the park!
The next chapter is set to release in November, and I for one am really hoping the rumours of it being a Scooby Doo collaboration are true.