2nd Screen dream
Do you know the feeling, you want to make progress in your favourite game, but your partner wants to watch Emmerdale, Corrie or Love Island? As a loving partner, you of course let them have their way. While you sit there with your favourite cold beverage and let your mind wonder. You imagine solving puzzles in God of War. Try to memorize your speedrun route for Bloodborne. You cannot shake the feeling that there must be a way before this Autumn, when iOS13 is released, which supports PS4 pads natively, to play PS4 now.
Don’t fret my fellow GamEiros and GamEiritas, because I have the solution. To quote Screenrants’ Ryan George: it is “super easy, barely an inconvenience”. All you need to do is the following:
- Download the PS4 Remote Play App on a supported iOS device
- Create a dummy account on your PS4. I call mine Robin, because it there to help me but not do much else.
- Connect the PS4 Remote Play App to your dummy.
- I would suggest using the connect manually, via code, method.
- Turn on your PS4 pad and switch accounts to your awesome collection of trophies account.
Voila, you are now playing PS4 on your iOS device, without jailbreaking or much effort. Just ensure that your are not out of range of the connection of the controller to the PS4. The range surprisingly covers quite a large area. There is barely any latency.
Have fun, good night and good game, love and respect.
Steve is out.
Stay tuned to GamEir, and if you’re interested, converse with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir). Check out our videos on Twitch (GamEir) and YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content!