Set in a world that’s recovered from an apocalypse and ready for exploring and recivilising, Before We Leave sees players guide a group of surviving ‘Peeps’ as they chart new discoveries and lands. Since its initial launch in 2020, a number of significant content additions have been made to the game. These additions include new biomes to build in such as the swamp, rainforest, and crystal isle; new vehicles and infrastructure, as well as the release of the Kraken.
The key features of Before We Leave can be found below.
Before We Leave Key Features:
- Expand the Horizons: Going from a lowly settlement to a sprawling colony of Peeps, players will need to traverse mountains, forests, oceans and the depths of space to explore and settle
- Tremendous Tech: As players progress they can research technology to better their civilisation, including sailing, industry, trade, and more
- Keep the Peeps Happy: Running a colony is no small feat; in Before We Leave players will need to keep track of Peep happiness alongside pollution, food, and resources
- A Whole New World: With a number of biomes filled with resources and mysterious relics to harvest from, it’s the players job to utilise the land and plan their colony
- Award-winning Soundtrack: Benedict Nichols (Omno, The Falconeer) composes a soundtrack fit for any benevolent leader, winning a Pav ‘The Composed Segment’ award for excellence in audio for his score, working alongside James Dean of Akau Audio who provided in-game sound design
Having not picked up Before We Leave myself I have to say I’m charmed by this title. The graphics are gorgeous, the score playful and soothing and the world-building looks exemplary. With Before We Leave coming to Steam on May 13th will you be picking it up? Let us know in the comments below.