Team17 and Sole Survivor Games have launched 1970s-based cult management sim, Honey, I Joined a Cult into Steam Early Access. As architect of a new and groovy cult, players design everything from the ground up, from the deity they worship to the location of the energy spa; no detail is too small for the cult leader to decide.
Running a lucrative cult is no easy feat though: the leader’s ego, local law enforcement, government agencies, and angry protestors all threaten the all-important bottom line if not managed correctly.
Honey, I Joined A Cult key features:
- Take full control of a funky cult. Recruit cultists to maintain the organisation’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy in order to grow its money and influence.
- Build ‘freaky deaky’ bases. Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno-chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms.
- Branch out into the community. Send minions out to spread the good word, or just get them to steal fancy items for your cult HQ.
- Stick it to ‘The Man’. Overcome threats from law enforcement, oppressive government bodies, and misinformed protesters.
- Get down with deities. Choose where your cult’s heading – fiery apocalypse or the second coming of the Squid Lord?