The latest patch for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was released this morning at 8:00 am GMT. Patch 11 encompasses bug fixes and optimisations for Xbox One and One X console versions.
It is believed that frame rate optimisation and crash fixing will be the focal point for the coming series of patches. This follows developers Bluehole Inc voicing their displeasure with the console edition of PUBG.
“To put it bluntly, we are simply not satisfied with the game’s current console performance,”
Players can expect changes to inventory management through a new quick scroll system. Another notable feature will be a counter visible the plane showing how many combatants are left to jump. The full list of Patch 11 Notes is as follows:
Performance / Optimization / Stability
- Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
- Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
- Additional fixes to reduce crashes
- The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
- Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments – players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
- Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons
- A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane
- Reminder to the community that the Varsity Jacket (also known as the PUBG5 jacket) announced last week will be rewarded to players after March 22nd 12:01 AM. Look for it in your in-game inventory from March 22nd, inside the customization tab of the menu.
- Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
- Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly
Combatants are advised to restart their consoles after installing the patch. Given the 5 million player user base and the continued developer support the future looks bright for PUBG. Players can also look forward to a new desert map, Miramar, in the Spring
Anyone with info or feedback for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds are asked to hit up the following link:
For more PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds news and anything else gaming, stay right here.