PQube and Kadokawa Games have revealed that the open-world vehicle-combat role-playing game ‘Metal Max Xeno: Reborn‘ is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam next year.
It’s a fascinating world to live in. Vehicular combat mixed with role-playing elements is something that I honestly haven’t seen, at least in this fashion. Check out the trailer at the bottom of the article to learn more about the rustic aesthetic of Metal Max Xeno: Reborn.
- A post-apocalyptic world where humans are endangered, and machines roam the wasteland
- Open world JRPG with real-time battle and vehicle combat elements
- Traverse the wasteland in tanks or disembark on foot with allies
- Scavenge for parts to customise, upgrade and modify your tanks with endless combinations
- Based on Metal Max Xeno (2018) and the latest game in the classic Japanese series, ‘Metal Max’
- Fully redeveloped with brand new visual enhancements, battle mechanics, skills and modification system
- Team up with the beloved battle dog, Pochi, as you venture out to unite the remaining survivors
- Coming to Nintendo Switch, Steam, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility in 2022
A never-ending wasteland
Set in a devastated world called Dystokio, Metal Max Xeno: Reborn is a nonlinear, open world, JRPG with real-time battle and vehicle combat elements.
Players will take control of Talis and search for other survivors who wish to fight back against the machines. There are no limits to where you can go, no matter your progression in the game. The game to me feels like a mix of Mad Max and The Terminator.
The announcement of Metal Max Xeno: Reborn comes on the 30th Anniversary of Japan’s ‘Metal Max ‘series. Celebrating three decades of post-apocalyptic carnage, Kadokawa Games is bringing the latest version of the series to the West for the first time.