Vertigo Games, Innerspace, and ARTE have announced A Fisherman’s Tale, the upside-down, inside-out VR puzzle adventure game is only a few weeks away from release, as it launches for PlayStation VR, HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality headsets in January 2019 at $14.99/€14.99.
Playing with the incredible sense of scale unique to VR, Innerspace invented a unique VR gameplay mechanic based on the recursion principle.
In a way, A Fisherman’s Tale is a co-op game – but instead of playing with others, you’re teaming up with multiple dimensions of yourself! Able to twist and bend your newfound, peculiar reality, you’ll be challenged with multi-dimensional puzzles on your journey to the core of an unusually tall tale.
What does it mean to be trapped inside a replica in an elusive virtual world? A Fisherman’s Tale at its heart is a story about breaking away from illusions to find the truth. And who knows, you may learn something about yourself along the way…
- Break more than a couple laws of physics in mind-bending VR puzzles!
- Team up with yourself in revolutionary multi-dimensional single-player co-op!
- Meet some of the quirkiest sidekicks to have ever set foot in a VR game
- Use your hands to pick up, throw, combine, and use all kinds of things in glorious fully immersive virtual reality!
- Toy around with your tiny little model lighthouse, inside a lighthouse, inside a… is that another lighthouse?
- Uncover the truth at the core of an unusually tall tale, exclusively in VR
A Fisherman’s Tale looks like an absolute blast and once again virtual reality is trying its hardest to break away from the perceived belief that it’s just a fad. Stay tuned to GamEir as we report further on this as it develops.