Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory, the retro-inspired bullet hell from Stumphead Games, will blast into Steam Early Access on PC and Mac on the 19th of March.
Hope is quickly fleeting as hordes of ships and monstrosities wipe out all signs of life and colonies are consumed by the mysterious force known as Purgatory. As the Consuls best star pilot, Crome will face off against relentless waves of alien scum and menacing bosses to restore order in the galaxy and put an end to Purgatory.
Purgatory and its fellow invaders have come equipped with devastating weaponry that will fill the cosmos with overwhelming dangers. Crome must harness his diverse arsenal of blasters and abilities to survive this vibrant galactic bullet hell. Only by perfecting the ships precise movement and swift dash ability will Crome stand a chance at overcoming this never-ending onslaught.
Defeating these waves of enemies will provide him with upgrades to the ships firing speed and a score that can be used for bragging rights over other pilots.
Saving the galaxy from destruction is no small feat, so courageous pilots must be rewarded for their efforts. These valiant pilots will be commended through competitive Steam leaderboards for the entire universe to see. Polish up your skills now by playing the Game Boy stylized prequel, Crome: Before Purgatory, which is available for free on Steam.
- Blast through fast-paced combat scenarios against more than 20 beasts, ships, and menacing bosses
- Decimate enemies with a diverse arsenal of weapons and abilities
- Dash through overwhelming and vibrant attacks in the colorfully stylized cosmos
- Overcome waves of invaders to upgrade the firing speed of Cromes ship
- Show off your skills on competitive leaderboards for bragging rights against other pilots around the galaxy
- Retro vector-inspired graphics with an OST that is a love letter to SNES classics
“Whether you’re feeling nostalgic for retro high score chasing or seeking a modern shooter with tight controls, there is an adventure here waiting for you, says Josh Jacobs, founder of Stumphead Games. Super Crome has been carefully crafted to pay homage to SNES classics and combining that feeling with modern mechanics.”
Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory will launch into Early Access at the low price of $2.50 (€2.20). Stay tuned to GamEir for more on this and other purgatories heading your way in the coming months 🙂