Genesect, the Paleozoic Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut in a new Special Research story event—A Drive to Investigate! Remember the mysterious weekend event that was mentioned in the March events announcement? It’ll take place alongside the Special Research story event to aid you in your journey to study the mysterious Genesect. Whether or not you have a ticket, you’ll be able to enjoy this weekend-long Genesect-themed event.
A Genesect-themed weekend event
From Friday, March 20th, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 23rd, at 10:00 p.m. local time, you can look forward to the following features.
- Normal-, Fire-, Water-, Electric-, and Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild. You might see Pokémon such as Jigglypuff, Magnemite, Marill, Houndour, and Snorunt appearing more frequently in the wild.
- Nincada will be appearing in the wild and hatching from 5 km Eggs. If you’re lucky, you might encounter or hatch a Shiny one!
- Karrablast and Shelmet will be hatching more often from 5 km Eggs.
- One-star to four-star Raid Battles will feature various Bug- or Steel-type Pokémon.
- 2× Catch Stardust
- 2× Hatch Stardust
A Drive to Investigate—a Special Research story event for Pokémon GO
Professor Willow has found a peculiar trail of damage that appears to have been created by a single Pokémon. The kicker? The damage seems to have been caused by attacks of a wide variety of types! Help him discover which Pokémon is behind them in this brand-new Special Research story event! This event doesn’t have a set location—if you have a ticket, you can take part wherever you can play Pokémon GO.
You can purchase a ticket to gain access to this unique limited-time experience where you’ll complete a variety of tasks to earn an encounter with a Genesect! Genesect’s signature attack changes type depending on the Drive that it’s holding. Genesect will also appear in EX Raids starting in April.
Date + Time
- This Special Research story event will take place on Friday, March 20th, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 26th, at 10:00 p.m. in your local time zone.
Please note: In attempt to make this Special Research story event available and playable for as many Trainers globally as possible, we have extended this event.
Features of this latest event in Pokémon GO
A ticket to this Special Research story event will grant you access to a unique experience! This event comes with the opportunity to access or earn the following.
- A new Special Research line featuring an early-access encounter with a Genesect—this is Genesect’s first appearance in Pokémon GO!
- A Drive to Investigate medal
- Research objectives that lead to encounters with various Bug- and Steel-type Pokémon, including Pinsir, Scizor, Skarmory, Karrablast, and Shelmet, as well as other Pokémon that appear in the story or are related to Genesect
- Research objectives that lead to an encounter with Durant, which is typically available only in the eastern hemisphere
- Exclusive Genesect-themed avatar items, such as a bag and a cap
- 5 Premium Battle Passes, 3 Super Incubators, 3 Charged TMs, 3 Fast TMs, 3 Incense, 3 Star Pieces, 1 Poffin, 15 Rare Candies, and 1 Glacial Lure
- Encounters with Scyther, Skarmory, Nincada, and Shieldon after completing exclusive Field Research tasks
- To receive the A Drive to Investigate Special Research, you must open Pokémon GO during the event from Friday, March 20th at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 26th at 10:00 p.m. in your local time zone. After you’ve collected the Special Research, you can complete it at any time.
- The ticket is US$7.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency) and can be purchased in the shop. The ticket cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- Tickets can be purchased from when they go live until Thursday, March 26th, at 8:00 p.m. in your local time zone. Stay tuned for when they go live!
- The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable. (Subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service.)
How to purchase a ticket and access the Special Research
Tickets to the Special Research story event A Drive to Investigate will be available to purchase a few days before the event.
- Tap the Learn More button in the shop.
- Tap the Buy button.
- You’ll then receive a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for A Drive to Investigate. After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- Before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you open the app during the event, you’ll receive access to the A Drive to Investigate Special Research.
- Once you receive the Special Research on March 20th you’ll be able to finish it later if you don’t complete it by the end of the event. However, for an optimal gameplay experience, we recommend trying your best to complete the research during the event from Friday, March 20th at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, March 26th at 10:00 p.m. in your local time zone. Don’t worry, Trainers—if you’re unable to participate in this Special Research story event, you can look forward to Genesect coming to EX Raids in April!
Have questions? Be sure and check out their FAQ page on the help centre for more information on this new Special Research story event.
Stay tuned to GamEir. And if you’re interested, converse with us on Twitter (@gam_eir), Facebook (@GamEir), and Instagram (@GamEir). Check out our videos on Twitch (GamEir) and YouTube (GamEir) and we’ll give you all the latest content.